After 5.0 update system status shows "Custom"

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
No need to be worried. Wiping the cache does not void your warranty. Besides there's no way to tell if has been wiped and I've done it a million times on past phones I've traded in.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The system constantly wiped no-longer-needed data from the cache. It's like your skin - the cells you have now aren't just older than the ones you had last year, they've been replaced by different ones. The data in the system cache is constantly being replaced by different data.

The only problem is when a new version of Android writes something to the cache that looks as if it includes some of the data the old version writes. Then Android is reading what - to it - is incorrect data. (It's like reading a sentence up to the period. If I now write a phrase with no period starting at the same place as the old sentence, then try to read it, I'll see a period so I'll read up to there. But part of it is the sentence, so the phrase makes no sense. Totally imperfect analogy, but something like that happens.)

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
The system constantly wiped no-longer-needed data from the cache. It's like your skin - the cells you have now aren't just older than the ones you had last year, they've been replaced by different ones. The data in the system cache is constantly being replaced by different data.

The only problem is when a new version of Android writes something to the cache that looks as if it includes some of the data the old version writes. Then Android is reading what - to it - is incorrect data. (It's like reading a sentence up to the period. If I now write a phrase with no period starting at the same place as the old sentence, then try to read it, I'll see a period so I'll read up to there. But part of it is the sentence, so the phrase makes no sense. Totally imperfect analogy, but something like that happens.)

Worked for me. Lol

Boom! From My S5