"Can't retrieve MMS"...please help!

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I have been getting this notification for a few weeks now. It appears on the top notification bar, I swipe down and see this..."Can't retrieve MMS, Check settings>MMS settings>APN..." if I tap the notification it just goes away.

A bit of history...I run Textra, have had my phone since April (came over from Apple). I have tried going into settings and can't even find MMS settings. I have tried going into Textra settings and don't see anything in there either. I have restarted my phone a few times but that has not solved the issue. It's very annoying because I'm not sure if my wife is getting all my texts or vice versa (there have been times when I will send her texts & pictures and she doesn't get them...she has an iPhone). It just sucks not knowing if my messaging app works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Go into the textra app. Hit settings. Scroll down to "use MMS for group chats" & make sure that box is checked

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
It is checked...its weird. I just started getting these "Can't retrieve MMS" messages maybe a week or two ago.I installed Textra months ago and have never had any other issues.

aleggsue

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
No matter what I try, I keep getting the messages in Textra about it not being able to retrieve MMS. Data is on, APNs are correct, and mobile data for group messages is on as well. Hangouts has no problem with MMS, it's just Textra.

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I get this message too. I have gotten it w, textra, go sms, evolve and handcent. Textra is the worse though.

Posted via the Android Central App

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I still get occasionally...but that issue along with the home button issue added to the issues of my wife (iPhone) getting about 1/2 of my texts is about to force me back to apple. I really like my S5 but all the issues are adding up...I sent my wife some pics about 4 days ago...she got them this morning. Some of my co workers don't always get my texts either. It sure would be great to have a phone that works.

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I still get occasionally...but that issue along with the home button issue added to the issues of my wife (iPhone) getting about 1/2 of my texts is about to force me back to apple. I really like my S5 but all the issues are adding up...I sent my wife some pics about 4 days ago...she got them this morning. Some of my co workers don't always get my texts either. It sure would be great to have a phone that works.

The issue with your wife (iphone) and coworkers, I am going to assume they are iPhone users too is an iPhone (imessage) issue. Have them completely delete you from their phone, turn off iMessages and send you a text. You should be good. The apn message is super annoying but if you click it in the notification bar it will go away and the message will appear, atleast it does for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie