Why aren't I getting notifications on already started text conversations?

Khab

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
AT&T 4.4.4. update

So disgusted with this update. I used to love my Samsung Galaxy S5 but since the update, it's been driving me crazy. I know trivial to some, but when I receive a text message on an already started conversation, I get no notification. Driving me nuts. Anyone know how to fix that? :-\

Nelimungous

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: AT&T 4.4.4. update

So disgusted with this update. I used to love my Samsung Galaxy S5 but since the update, it's been driving me crazy. I know trivial to some, but when I receive a text message on an already started conversation, I get no notification. Driving me nuts. Anyone know how to fix that? :-\

Is it NOT happening only if you have the conversation open?

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

I realize this is off topic to your concern but do either of you know if the S4 is getting the 5.x update?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) using Tapatalk Pro

jleemess

May 9, 2012
Visit site

I am having the same problem with not only text but email also....my LED notification light doesn't flash either. I've factory reset and still nothing.

Posted via the Android Central App

Khab

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site

That's correct....I get a notification on the initial received text message...but as the conversation goes on and if I have it open, I do not hear anything that I new text arrived. I used to.

PamelaMichel

May 31, 2012
Visit site

I am having the same problem with not only text but email also....my LED notification light doesn't flash either. I've factory reset and still nothing.

Same exact problem here.. i will keep chatting away and not even know my friend has texted me in regard to our convo. I'm having the LED problem too. I just figured it came with all the other Lollipop Ridiculousness.

Mark Nielson2

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

I also have this problem. When I am using the default Messages app on Samsung Galaxy S5, 4.4.4 Kitkat, and I am texting with someone and their chat window is open, I do not receive any notification sound when I receive their messages. The bubble just pops up with no notification sound or vibrate. Very annoying as I have missed responses when I simply put down the phone after sending a message. There is no other problems with notifications if I backout of the conversation window or switch to another app. This problem only occurs when I am actually in the conversation chat window. Unfortunately, I may not be "actually looking at the app as the messages come in"; I usually put my phone back in the holster or set it down. Samsung support chat confirmed you will now NOT get notification sounds when you are in the chat window of your device. We all need to escalate this issue and ask them to restore this in a later version - make it a setting/option.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

Yeah its kind of important for me. We all get busy with other things when texting so why are they doing this I wonder? I keep mine open when I'm gaming on my PC or Xbox and could be doing something on screen and have no idea I have a message.

wendiwend

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Samsung support chat confirmed you will now NOT get notification sounds when you are in the chat window of your device.

That is too bad it was confirmed by Samsung support that it is just the way it is now. I have missed important replies because of it before I figured out what was happening! I would send off a message then set down my phone, and it goes into sleep/screen lock. I would keep listening for a notif and glancing for the flashing blue LED waiting for a reply, even hitting the home button every once in a while to look for the envelope icon and it doesn't even show that! Only until I unlock and look at the thread would I know there is a reply.

We all need to escalate this issue and ask them to restore this in a later version - make it a setting/option.

Yes!! I do hope they give this back to us. I can see MAYBE not the tone/vibration while open (although I still would want) but at least the LED notif and icon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835