To lollipop or not to lollipop, that is the question.

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm all running 4.4.4 on my VZW S5 and am wondering if it's worth the headaches I've been hearing about and upgrade to 5.0 or just stay with what works (most of the time ). Any must have features on 5.0 that I don't have now?

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The big advantage of lollipop is Android runtime which you can open your developer options on 4.4.4 and run right now. A lot of people seem to have trouble out of the 5.0 lollipop for Verizon update.
You can go ahead and download and install it and clear your cache and see if things aren't fine or just stick with 4.4.4 until the next bugfix comes out.

lgdlman

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Just anticipate doing a factory reset. It works and clears any issues, battery life is actually better.

Posted via the Android Central App

geneod

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Has 5.0 been pushed to your phone yet? I've heard rumors that you can only decline the update 3 times before it is forced on you. I have been specifically denying the 4.4.4 update on Verizon myself. I posted about this the other day but I have had only a couple of replies. You are exactly in the same situation that I asked about. Have you been able to deny 5.0 day after day? Thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And, if you want to save yourself a few days, do a full data backup before doing a factory reset. (If you're running CWM or TWRP, back up the data partition, otherwise back up every app, all the app data, every picture, song, video, other file, launcher settings, etc., etc., and spend a day restoring the phone.)

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Has 5.0 been pushed to your phone yet? I've heard rumors that you can only decline the update 3 times before it is forced on you. I have been specifically denying the 4.4.4 update on Verizon myself. I posted about this the other day but I have had only a couple of replies. You are exactly in the same situation that I asked about. Have you been able to deny 5.0 day after day? Thanks.
It was pushed once and I selected no thanks instead of install now or install later. Hasn't come back again. It said when I'm ready to download just to do it manually.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87