Phone won't reactivate after factory reset. Verizon.

tsweeney77

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Updated my phone when Lollipop came out. A lot of stuff started happening. My battery gets hot, battery drains fast, the GPS fails, and other odd things.
So I reset my phone and reseated my SIM card. Restarted my phone and now it won't reactivate on the Verizon network.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Bring the phone into a Verizon company store. Tell them that the phone updated and now won't connect to the network. Will they please either fix or replace it? The phone is under replacement warranty, the update is their liability, so the responsibility to have you walking out of the store with a working phone is theirs. If they have to "send you one", you want credit for the time from when the phone stopped working until the time the new one is working - and compensation for any loss you suffer if you suffer any. (If the phone is a business phone, and you lose business because the phone isn't working due to their update, liability law says that they have to compensate you for that. If you miss a "free app of the day" that you wanted, they have to pay for it, if you want to get nit-picky. They should have enough S5s in stock to replace it while you wait. Make sure that EVERYTHING is backed up. Fix or replace, you're probably going to lose all your apps and data.)

imlegend84

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Updated my phone when Lollipop came out. A lot of stuff started happening. My battery gets hot, battery drains fast, the GPS fails, and other odd things.
So I reset my phone and reseated my SIM card. Restarted my phone and now it won't reactivate on the Verizon network.

Same thing happened to me during initial setup but I connected to wifi and continued the process and all was fine after that.

Posted via the Android Central App

tsweeney77

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I initially tried that, but still wouldn't connect to Verizon. I couldn't make any calls. I went to bed then I woke up to missed calls even though I left the screen in set-up wizard. I then went through the set-up wizard on wi-fi and it worked this time.
I'm glad because I hate the Verzion store.

Thanks