Problems installing Lollipop

jjfrick

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
hello everybody
I have asked this question already one week ago but unfortunately nobody could answer it:

I had bought my S5 in my summer holidays in Indonesia because my old phone broke while travelling.
However, i would like to get Lollipop on my device but there has no notification shown up yet offering to install the new operating system.
Are there any possibilities to change my country settings in order to get Lollipop (I live in Switzerland where it's been released several weeks ago).

I hope some of you know how to solve this problem and could help me.
thanks for your help in advance!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,

I'm sorry this is not going to be the answer you want, but it's the only answer there is: the update just hasn't hit YOUR device just yet.

Why? Several possible reasons.
1) You bought this phone in Indonesia. Yes, the update has been released in Switzerland, but this is not a Switzerland phone. And the update has not been released in Indonesia, where it came from.
2) It's a gradual rollout. Even if the update was hitting Indonesia phones, it wont hit all devices at once. Some (don't know exactly how they pick you or not) will receive it later, gradually.
3) Some manufacturers lock their updates to their own SIM cards. If your phone was carrier branded, even if it's unlocked, if this is imposed by the carrier, unless you have SIM from said service provider, it won't get updated.

Now, can you get the update now? Yes. You'd need to root your phone and load the ROM for your phone. This, of course, is at your own risk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC