Android 5.0 Notification problem

jdub412

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm not getting notifications of new texts and sometimes its taking hours for texts to show up. This never happened with the GS3 running Kitkat, and its not my service - I'm at the same home.

I'm using Hangouts for SMS, and might try switching back to the default app. I checked all my settings and can't find any reason why I wouldn't get notifications. My girlfriend was texting me for hours tonight and nothing popped up on my phone until I open the app and scrolled to her name. Same thing happened with my mom texting me the other day, and my friend a few days before that.

I'm not sure if this is also happening with my GMail app.

Anyone having this issue as well?

kaicho

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Did you looked into settings/sounds and notifications/interuptions also application notification ? You can select to block or set priority for your individual app notification.

Old rocker on Tapatalk

jdub412

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Nice guitar! I play hollowbodies as well.

Yes, I did check those settings and nothing could be causing this issue. I did switch from Hangout to the default Messages app, and thus far I've gotten all my SMS message promptly. So I'll cross my fingers and hope this app keeps working, and that the problem was just an issue with Hangout in Lollipop.

Travis Betzold

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Dude! I am having the exact same issue. I am using chompSMS as my texting app but but switched back to the default program after the same thing you have desribed and still no fix. I know my notification LED is working, it lights up when i reboot or charge the device. But i have checked all the settings at least a dozen times and it is driving me mad. Should i revert back to KitKat? Factory reset? I never knew how much i used this until its gone. argh

Oh, i have a Galaxy S5 that i just bought 3 days ago fyi

jdub412

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Dude! I am having the exact same issue. I am using chompSMS as my texting app but but switched back to the default program after the same thing you have desribed and still no fix. I know my notification LED is working, it lights up when i reboot or charge the device. But i have checked all the settings at least a dozen times and it is driving me mad. Should i revert back to KitKat? Factory reset? I never knew how much i used this until its gone. argh

Oh, i have a Galaxy S5 that i just bought 3 days ago fyi

Yeah, my GS5 is new (a few weeks old) as well. Sometime I just don't get a beep / vibration when texts come in, other times the texts are delayed for several hours and a bunch come in at the same time. However, SMS is working fine since last night when I switched back to the default app. Gotta thing its something about how non-default apps are working in 5.0...