Things I hate about 5.0

barry1964

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
1. I find myself deleting apps off my phone to make it run properly.

2. It's bigger than a buick, and uses up as many resources, and leaks just as much of what should stay inside.

3. It's unpredictably bad and tantalisingly interesting.

4. I keep wanting my phone back!

5. Every time I think they've got it right something proves me wrong.

Now for opinions, who thinks I should stick with Android 5.0, and who thinks I should just flash this thing back to 4.4.2 and be able to have iPlayer, Shazam, and God alone knows what else. Christ, I had development software on this thing. Now it's basically a phone. I have one of those in the hallway...

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not very specific haha but I'm with you, I'm not looking forward to updating my phone to Lollipop. Personally the new notification system and interruptions are what kill it for me. But interestingly enough, what you claim it's doing is actually the oppposite of what it is supposed to be doing: it's supposed to be less resource-hungry.

Did you factory-reset your phone after the update? That's usually a good idea.

Deplane01

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Don't do the update!! Save your phone! The newest bad thing is that app called Touch Wiz where it came from I don't know but it's there and you will have a battle trying to disable it or even deleting it! Good luck. Stick with the 4.4. 2

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Don't do the update!! Save your phone! The newest bad thing is that app called Touch Wiz where it came from I don't know but it's there and you will have a battle trying to disable it or even deleting it! Good luck. Stick with the 4.4. 2

Hi there... not sure if you're trying to be sarcastic or making a joke, but TouchWiz IS Samsung's UI. It's always been there, even in KitKat. And no, you can't disable it because it's part of the core system. The only way to get rid of it is to root your device and flash a ROM that's not Samsung's.

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Not very specific haha but I'm with you, I'm not looking forward to updating my phone to Lollipop. Personally the new notification system and interruptions are what kill it for me. But interestingly enough, what you claim it's doing is actually the oppposite of what it is supposed to be doing: it's supposed to be less resource-hungry.

Did you factory-reset your phone after the update? That's usually a good idea.

The updates are a total buzz kill for me. I wish I had stuck with 4.4.4. My phone is slower than it's ever been and the battery life has gone down considerably.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Again, did you factory reset after the update? The reviews I've seen from users is that the update is snappier and battery life is the same if not improved IF they factory reset. Most that have complained about weird issues and battery drains (at least in the bug-ridden S5 release) seem to agree that their problems go away with a factory reset.

I'm not against Lollipop's improvements, I just don't like their new notification/interruptions system (which, in my opinion, is not an improvement).

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
You can re flash the phone using Odin, but research first and be sure of what your doing!

Good luck and see you on the other side

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
My lovely Galaxy S5 is back to being the nimble little beast it should, and I've given my girlfriend strict instructions that if I ever suggest upgrading to 5.0 to give me a good hard slap in the face to remind me what the experience was like last time :)

Have fun peeps; -)

alil25

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
My messages, email and other apps keep dying when I'm using them and it goes back to the home screen. It doesn't happen every time I use them, just sporadically. Also, the stock keyboard is less responsive and slower, letters aren't showing up that I have pressed so I look like a dunce if I don't go back and reread everything and fix misspellings. Apps open slower and the home button doesn't always turn the screen on the first time I hit it. None of this happened prior to the update to Lollipop.

I have other complaints but these are some of my main ones.

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Can you tell me wat version of Odin to use and wat site to download the zip from. Also wat site to download the the GSM stock firmware from I've having a major problem seems like I'm getting files that's corrupted

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Try downloading the ROM from SamMobile, but you'll need to register to do it, and even then it might not let you access older ROMs. I downloaded the ROM by searching out the build number, then searching for a link to the SamMobile site for that ROM. Odin you need 3.09, but I can't remember where I got it. Be a bit weary. I found a lot of sites with viruses when I was looking for all this stuff. Also make a absolutely certain that you know exactly what your doing, that you have the right ROM for your handset, and that you have Odin set up correctly before flashing it. If it doesn't reboot don't panic. Try restarting, then take out the battery and do a cache wipe from recovwry, and if that fails do a complete system wipe. Sometimes you need to clean everything even though you've just re flashed the phone.

Good luck

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm really close to using the tutorial on here and going back to Kit Kat. Battery life has definitely taken a dive...I'm getting these random error messages saying random apps (Contacts, Amazon, Instagram, etc) closed even if I wasn't using them (or the phone at all). Yesterday the phone kept restarting every time I plugged it in and it's clear there's a delay in loading apps -- I get a black screen for a good five seconds when I open things like the gallery.

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Right I got the the rom from samobile sometimes I can extract it sometimes I cant but wen it goes thru I get o complete 1 failed constantly. , so I was thinking maybe itz odin I been using 3.09 I got it from Samsungodin.com. I believe in the top heading it said tekpur. Got another odin link from wolf sumthn saw a utube video. Then I said maybe itz the rom. Doubled bac got the rom from rapid gator I believe. So im thinking itz 1 of 3 things either my laptop is old and slow. Or im flashing an1 when im on 2 and 3 if u know wat Im saying or I have kies installed becuz they say odin and kies dont run well wen both are installed. I got a tip off the Internet tht said I should delete kies wen using odin. But how am I going to delete kies if my backup is on it I lose everything. Tht doesn't make sense. I know wat im doing sumthn is wrong sumwhere. Smh I been at this for 2 days. Or maybe im getting currupted files I dont know. Im rooted wth safe strap recovery and busybox maybe thtz causing interference. Im lost. My phone works good. But I deleted a messaging file tht I thought I didnt need becuz I started using textra. So I erased a stock messaging file wth no back up. And I want it bac becuz it effectz the voice command for sending text. Im on 4.4.2 and after I flash to stock im rerouting and deleting all this extra TouchWiz crap. I just want the one messaging file. And Ive been all over the Internet I cant side load it I have to reflash stock. Crazy. ... well thtz the jist of it. And pardon me im typing in short hand I hate auto correct.

Barryrobinson64

stlfrosti

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Now for opinions, who thinks I should stick with Android 5.0, and who thinks I should just flash this thing back to 4.4.2 and be able to have iPlayer, Shazam, and God alone knows what else. Christ, I had development software on this thing. Now it's basically a phone. I have one of those in the hallway...

I'm still on 4.4.2 and love the way my phone runs... I'm not going anywhere!!!

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
One thing to try....not guaranteeing Ya it will work but try turning off reactivation lock. Go to security, find my mobile, then uncheck reactivation lock. There was one other thing too but I can't think of it right now. I'll let u know if I think of it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang