Anyone else's phone charging slower since Lollipop

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I've held off updating to Lollipop since I had to flash this thing back to 4.4.2, but heard that 5.0 had stabilised I did and OTA and now my phone charges slower. Anyone else having this problem, and is there any kind of fix for it?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
With the phone turned off? Then you have a hardware issue.

5.0 is 5.0. Whether it's "stabilized" in your phone depends on whether you did a system cache clear after installing it. (On some phones you have to go as far as a factory reset, which means backing everything up first, then restoring everything.) But if something is drawing more current when the phone is running, it's going to charge slower - that's how electricity works. If you didn't at least clear the system cache, it's going to use more current until it "stabilizes" - which could be a week or two.

(5.0.1 is a bug fix for 5.0. 5.0 didn't get modified to remove the bugs after it was installed. 5.0.2 is the bug fix for 5.0.1. 5.1 is supposed to be the bug fix for 5.0.2. LolliFlop is getting too many gee-gaws tacked on and not enough bugs fixed for me to be interested in updating. My phone runs just fine on 4.4.2, it charges quickly and I still get 2 days on a charge.)

barry1964

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I agree. I did wipe the cache after the update. It's the first thing I do. It's all irelevant now though cos I've decided to reflashing my phone first thing tomorrow. I still have the 4.4.2 ROM I used last time, and Odin's still set up. The last time I did it it worked fine and all i needed to do was wipe the cache

See you on the other side :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Downgraded and stabilised, though to be frank I consider this a significant upgrade from that monstrosity. Do like the location based unlocking though. A little sad to see that go

Barry Robinson back on 4.4.2 where an S5 belongs :)

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I agree. I did wipe the cache after the update. It's the first thing I do. It's all irelevant now though cos I've decided to reflashing my phone first thing tomorrow. I still have the 4.4.2 ROM I used last time, and Odin's still set up. The last time I did it it worked fine and all i needed to do was wipe the cache

Where did you get the 4. 4.2 ROM from because every time I tried to do that I get an error message like 0 completed 1 failed I've heard that I might got a bad file

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

Also which version of Odin and where did you get the file from I ask because maybe I'm getting these files from the wrong sites. I'm asking which version of Odin and what site did you get the odin file from. Also which site did you get the 4.4.2 file from.

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Where did you get the 4. 4.2 ROM from because every time I tried to do that I get an error message like 0 completed 1 failed I've heard that I might got a bad file

I got the ROM from the Sam Mobile site, which is the main repository for Samsung mobile ROMs, but you need to register with the site before you can download from the archives.

You need to match the ROM to your device really carefully. Just because it's a Samsung Galaxy S5 doesn't mean that it has the same hardware or chipset.

All phones are demarcated by a code, like mine is an SM-G900F because of the physical architecture. That means that only certain ROMs will work.

Also you need Odin 3.09, and be careful where you download it from. I enjoy downloaded a few that have have viruses.

I'm on down time right now cos I've had a bit of a difficult day, but if you can wait I'll post more details about safe downloads tomorrow.

All the best and good luck [in the meantime there's quite a lot of info out there]

Posted via the Taptalk

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
My s5 w/lollipop now won't recognize my original charger plugged into wall. It says to use a Samsung charger. But this is the charger that came in the box with my phone. I can at least use my old Samsung Galaxy 10 original charger to charge my s5 for now.
Cindy

BR34KF4ST

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
when you get lollipop did you factory reset?that will help clear out rubbish files from KK

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang