My S5 home screen icon shifts keeping the home screen blank, what could be going on?

Chilly A Willy

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
S5 home screen icon shifts keeping home screen blank

Just discovered my home screen is blank, so I thought I had accidentally changed/moved it when I turned on "Easy Mode" to check that out. Switched back to "Standard Mode", but found my home screen gone, with a blank page in it's place. I found some directions on how to move pages around, making one a home screen. I selected the page I wanted as home screen and moved it to the page where the white house icon is highlighted. Thought I was done but noticed nothing had changed. Home page still blank, so I did it again. I find that whenever I try creating my home screen page by moving it to the highlighted white house icon, the white house icon shifts to the left, remaining blank. Ugh!!! I've no idea what's going on.

I am running KitKat and other than taking a look at Easy Mode, haven't made any other changes to my phone.

Hoping someone will have an idea what's going on. Thanks wonderful people for any help you can give.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: S5 home screen icon shifts keeping home screen blank

Open system settings > applications > sort by all > touchwiz. Clear data from that setting and see if that helps with this problem and allow you to setup the home screens. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Tevin Alexander

May 18, 2015
Visit site

open system settings > applications > sort by all > touchwiz. Clear data from that setting and see if that helps with this problem and allow you to setup the home screens. Let us know if you have any other questions.

you freaking genius you...had the same problem ,didnt think it was so simple. Thanks alot

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

you freaking genius you...had the same problem ,didnt think it was so simple. Thanks alot
Let us know if you have any questions :).

We're here to help, and sometimes the easiest of things with these devices may not seem so much.