S6 has shown its face, I'll be sticking with the S5 :)

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Well Samsung just released (or unveiled, I should say) the new S6.
Its a Nice handset, but not a Giant leap (other than maybe price wise) as rumors would have had you believe.
I do like the 32gb base model - just still like removable SD cards too. Which it lacks sadly.
I'll probably be sticking with my ugly but killer S5 for awhile still ;)

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm not upgrade eligible yet, so I'll wait for the S7, but I agree. The S6 is a jump in specs and build quality, but the MicroSD was one of my factors when I got the S3 and the S5. Now the M9 is getting a slot and the S6 loses it, I wonder if Samsung will add it back on the S7. IP67 I could take or leave, along with the MicroUSB 3.0 port as long as it is QuickCharge 2.0.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Well Samsung just released (or unveiled, I should say) the new S6.
Its a Nice handset, but not a Giant leap (other than maybe price wise) as rumors would have had you believe.
I do like the 32gb base model - just still like removable SD cards too. Which it lacks sadly.
I'll probably be sticking with my ugly but killer S5 for awhile still ;)

And no waterproof...

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I feel dissapointment by the lack of SD card and removable battery. I'll just have to hope that the Note 4 doesn't lose them too.

from the venerable Note 3π 📱

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Agreed guy's :)
To new customers & people that want to upgrade from say an older phone it might be totally new & awesome. But, coming from the S5 I have those usual not ready to upgrade feelings when confronted by the S6's spec's & features...

cydewaze

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I feel dissapointment by the lack of SD card and removable battery.

100% deal killer for me too. My last Moto had a fixed battery, and guess what? The battery went bad 2 months after the warranty was up.

I'd only accept a lack of SD card if the phone had a minimum of 128GB onboard.

My Android sucks

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Can't believe it's lost the expandable storage, removable battery and IP certification...
Some of the best features of the Galaxy S series IMO. Boohoo.

I'm definitely going to be keeping my S5 for the coming years.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I use the memory card for more than just expanded storage. I use it to easily move shyte back and forth between phones. Also use it at my photo lab at work because the cables don't work with the older machines. And now that there's gonna be a 200 GB microSD, I want to be able to use it someday. Need water resistance too. This is bull sheekouskee.

Posted via the Android Central App

Expydude

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I would have to agree with some previous posts. I can't understand losing the SD card. I'll probably get the m9 when it's out. Been a while since I've had htc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

alkezi

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Hmm, it is really a disappoinment to lose the removable battery and sd card and WATERPROOF! Man I am definitely gonna wait for the note 5 then. I hope that the note will retain the removable battery and sd card feature

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Damn no sd no removable battery waterproof gone dey seriously fucced up. Just drop my s5 in a puddle of water wth no case 10 minutes ago getting out my car wasnt even worried not 1 bit didnt even check to see if it was ok. Just wiped it off put it in my pocket. Guess wat im on android central wth it right now. I love this phone

gabby98

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Reading all this sure makes me happy I caved and went with the S5 instead of waiting for the S6 when I upgraded last week. 😌

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Reading all this sure makes me happy I caved and went with the S5 instead of waiting for the S6 when I upgraded last week. 😌
The S5 is still a really nice phone IMO. ... especially if you value the removable battery, SD card and it's water resistance.

from the Note 3 📱

japark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why Samsung would produce a new phone with the best features of the current phone removed.
No removable battery and no SD card. When you add Samsung's propensity for loading their phones with unremovable bloat and the phone's irritating habit of trying to turn on things I have turned off for a reason, I don't see much to recommend the S6.

I will be shopping for something else when I need a new phone. May just keep this one until something better comes along while recognizing that the S6 is definitely not something better.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Sammy said they removed about 40% of bloat on the S6 from what I recall. Still they removed to many useful features as well (removable battery, SD card & IP67 as stated) :(

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I guess thats what they had to do---cut funds for the good stuff so they could pay for all that dang gorilla glass...

alxarambula

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Wow we all feel the same Samsung better revert back to removable backs.. I hope they don't ruin the Galaxy Note 5. I can't believe it.. might as well get an HTC m9 now at least I'll have dual front facing speakers.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Think about how many people would say how they didn't like touchwiz, but yet Samsung became huge with their Galaxy's. It surely wasn't because touchwiz. :D
Yes, the nice specs......
But I'm here because of the removable battery and expandable memory.

flattedfifth

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Posted these same sentiments on my FB yesterday...I mean we're not the only ones who will miss the external storage, swappable battery, and water proofing right?? I'm afraid this situation is a bit like the cinema industry...it might not matter that the phone is poorly designed, it could sell well anyway. Though supposedly Samsung struggled with the S5 sales, a phone many of us (especially the iNazi converts) love, sooo...

prlundberg

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
This is worse than I expected. Glass back is ridiculous too. This thing has the durability and flexibility of an iPhone 4 with Samsung software. Worst of all worlds.

I can't think of a reason to buy the S6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2