Contact's images in new Lollipop Touchwiz Contact List...

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
So, I'm wondering if I'm missing something...

I have always kept my contact list synced with my Google account, and then I link the individual contacts to their Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. counterparts. With the old KitKat contact list, you were always able to press the three dot menu, select "Mark as default", and pic which image you would like to associate with said contact in the list. Now, it appears that this function is not available on every contact.

I am still only displaying the contacts from my Google account, just like I did before (and with the update, I had to deselect every additional account, because they defaulted to display). However, when I "Link contacts", it appears that whenever I join a contact from LinkedIn, THAT becomes the primary display for the contact. So, when some of those people don't have images on their LinkedIn accounts, I have no way of turning it back to Facebook or Google+. The only workaround I've resorted to is to not link up those contacts.

So, am I missing something, or is anyone else experiencing this flaw with the new contact list?

Thanks...

Mike Schenck

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
"Mark as Default" is still there, but it's buggy.

I upgraded my AT&T S4 to 5.0.1 and noticed this menu item went away. But after some digging I noticed it only went away for contacts I had linked with a Facebook entry. If I un-linked the Facebook entry, the menu item came back and I was able to set defaults. Then if I re-linked the Facebook entry the defaults were preserved.

A pain for sure, and clearly a bug.

Hope this helps.
-Mike