How do I get a bit of headphone out of the jack port?

CJMillar91

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
A part of my headphone has broken off and got stuck inside of my Samsung galaxy s5 headphone port! :eek: can anybody help me? I can't hear sounds because it says headphones connected :/ I don't know what to do... anybody had this issue resolved before?

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Not again :(
It happend to a guy here recently...
if you can find something (like a needle) to push the little leaf spring type connectors into the recesses while holding the phone upside down you might be able to shake it out.
the guy never got back to us and let me know if it worked or not - but worth a shot :)

pS I don't believe the end of a headphone jack is magnetic just like cheap pot metal

Last edited:

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
It came from an apple site the the guy seen it on ehow didnt mean to put an apple, link here oops

Posted via the Android Central App

CJMillar91

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Yeah its not magnetic 😬 ill try that, sounds like it could work. Otherwise I'll just have to pay to get it done I guess, apparently the Warranty doesn't cover that. Thanks man ill let you know if it works

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Cool :)
I figure it must have worked for him because I never saw another post about it usually you only see another post if it doesn't work ;)

CJMillar91

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Yeaaahhh it worked. I done what you said with the needle and then used the headphone bit that it broke from, luckily it didn't snap off the headphone just the bottom pin came out. thanks man

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton