Telus Lollipop Dropped today

leanneleg

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I got the update message yesterday around 5pm! For me anyway, its running very fast and smooth. I cleared the cache twice and have rebooted a few times, and so far so good. No hard reset yet.

Will know how battery life is after a day or so, but it's been off the charger now fro 2 hours and it's only dropped 2%.

prestwickrod

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I updated and my recent apps and home button no longer work. Cleared cache and no luck. I then did factory reset and still no luck. I even tried one handed mode to see if the soft keys would work but they didn't. Did another factory reset and set up as new phone (just in case an installed app was the culprit) but same result. I am beginning to feel that I am trying the same thing over and over and getting the same results and realized that that is the definition of insanity, so please any ideas before i loose it? Really hard to use the phone when you can't go home.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
if I were having that type of issue after the update I would take my phone straight in to my carrier and have them look at it and possibly replace it ;)
factory data resets aren't working so that sounds like your best option.

prestwickrod

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Solved. The home and recent apps button became non-functional only when I set up my corporate exchange account using the stock email app. I removed the account and used a third party exchange email app and bingo all is good. I tested it 3 times to ensure it wasn't just flakey and it broke each time but worked again when I removed the stock email exchange account and went back to the third party app (Nine). So far its been 1/2 a day with no issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835