Pin unlock screen shows blank letters and numbers

Smaff

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I just registered to try and help my girlfriend with an issue on her Galaxy S5.
Her lock screen today started displaying blank white boxes where there should be numbers and letters, as seen in picture below. :-\ It still unlocks fine however.
She upgraded to Lollipop at the weekend so i'm assuming a bug related to the update.
Anyone seen this or know what could fix it? Thanks for any advice :)

IMG_0334.jpg

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
That's a strange one.
Try a battery pull & then clear the cache - always good first steps :)
If the problem persists report back here.

san151820

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I just registered to try and help my girlfriend with an issue on her Galaxy S5.
Her lock screen today started displaying blank white boxes where there should be numbers and letters, as seen in picture below. :-\ It still unlocks fine however.
She upgraded to Lollipop at the weekend so i'm assuming a bug related to the update.
Anyone seen this or know what could fix it? Thanks for any advice :)

View attachment 165686

Smaff

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi San151820, the problem solved itself when she restarted her phone twice.
She had restarted once already before I posted here but tried again after encountering more bugs, she seems happy now so hopefully that fixes it for you.

Byrd80

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm having this same issue! It's happened twice now. The first time, I restarted my phone and that worked. This has never happened until a few weeks ago. Can anyone tell me what could be causing it? Thanks

dvsmik3

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm having this same issue! It's happened twice now. The first time, I restarted my phone and that worked. This has never happened until a few weeks ago. Can anyone tell me what could be causing it? Thanks

I read on a different website that it's an issue with swiftkey and google. Try uninstalling swiftkey since you can't uninstall google lol