How do I add/remove the phone icon/shortcut on Galaxy S5 lock screen?

RockyMtnRedRaider

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I have been searching for this setting all morning, and I am tired of looking. Does anyone know? Thanks everyone for the help.

Posted via the Android Central App

BC_Hunter

May 7, 2015
Visit site
:'( So frustrating that people seem to jump to conclusions and answer these questions so condescendingly rude. How do I know YOU don't know what your talking about? Go to Settings --> Lock Screen and . . .. THERE IS NO PHONE option. . .Just the Camera option (which does work BTW). Man humility is such a wonderful trait. And, why is it that people who actually know the least always seem to have the loudest arrogance? Just answer the question . . .don't drag the asker through the muck of your insecurities.

Stephanie Stewart

May 26, 2015
Visit site
I googled this just a few minutes ago and though no one helped here, I found the answer and wanted to help.

I had to set my lock screen to swipe only, then the option for the phone button was there above the camera button check box. I unchecked the box, then changed back to a pattern lock screen (and went through the settings for that).

My 1 yr old grabs my phone whenever he can, which is why I have the pattern lock. But with the phone button, he was managing to call my mom from the emergency call screen when we woke up at 5:30am while I got him breakfast.

angel_byz

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
I have an old Samsung galaxy s3 mini (purchased it new from long back and still works fine)..and I had the same problem. but discovered a way.. maybe it works the same for other models.. 1. Phone should be on the lock screen (or on the screen where u want the phone shortcut to be present) 2. Go to the phone icon (normally from the Apps option), then do a long-press 3. it will take u to the lock screen (or to the screen initially opened and where u want it to be present)..
It won't replace any of the default shortcuts like camera on the lock screen, but at least it will be on the same screen and easily accessible ! :)