lollipop vs kit kat??

BR34KF4ST

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
i have downloaded lollipop and i heard some people are saying lollipop is way better and benchmark result has proven it but some say kit kat is better.
what should i do?i still have that software update in my notification

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
What does LP gain me? White screens, so battery life suffers. Bugs, so far. An interface I can't stand (Material Upchuck).

I'm on 4.4.4, and I intend to stay there until at leat the major bugs are fixed and there's a reason to update. (4.4.2 to 4.4.4 was easy - 4.4.4 fixes the Heartbleed bug. LP just adds the "your eyes bleed" bug.)

BR34KF4ST

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
i have just updated to lollipop so far mo problems accept the fact that the battery is going down a little faster than kit kat and it showss approx 8 hours left

BR34KF4ST

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
thanks man!! i did the update it is awesome just the camera ring not being able to change colour

BR34KF4ST

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
not sure for mine...
here are my stats

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-08-11-02-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-08-11-02-32.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 80

laddiega

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
:mad:
I WANT TO KNOW........WHO IS THE DIPSH*T that made the decision to change the menu background and notification panel BG from a pleasant, dark theme, TO BLINDING F**KING WHITE?
WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY????
Updates are supposed to be helpful!!! THIS WAS NOT!
I paid a lot of money for this damn phone! Now it looks like SH*T!!!!!!
I use this phone in low light, all the time! It was PERFECT!
This NEVER should have EVEN BEEN DISCUSSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And no SILENT MODE? WHY THE F*CK DO YOU EVEN DISCUSS REMOVING SOMETHING THAT IS ALREADY HELPFUL!!!!????

I am sorry for the ALL CAPS!!!!!! But I am so TIRED of stupid and inept people even being INVOLVED in the making of ANY DECISION outside of whether to wipe their *** or not!
YOUR CHOICES ARE PISSING PEOPLE OFF! YOU NEED TO KILL YOURSELF!!!!!!
Please fire the person or "committee" that thought these 2 changes were a good idea.
Thank you!

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
:mad:
I WANT TO KNOW........WHO IS THE DIPSH*T that made the decision to change the menu background and notification panel BG from a pleasant, dark theme, TO BLINDING F**KING WHITE?
WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY????
Updates are supposed to be helpful!!! THIS WAS NOT!
I paid a lot of money for this damn phone! Now it looks like SH*T!!!!!!
I use this phone in low light, all the time! It was PERFECT!
This NEVER should have EVEN BEEN DISCUSSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And no SILENT MODE? WHY THE F*CK DO YOU EVEN DISCUSS REMOVING SOMETHING THAT IS ALREADY HELPFUL!!!!????

I am sorry for the ALL CAPS!!!!!! But I am so TIRED of stupid and inept people even being INVOLVED in the making of ANY DECISION outside of whether to wipe their *** or not!
YOUR CHOICES ARE PISSING PEOPLE OFF! YOU NEED TO KILL YOURSELF!!!!!!
Please fire the person or "committee" that thought these 2 changes were a good idea.
Thank you!

You are so right I dont have lollipop but sheesh. Even this screenshot is blinding white. I had to bac away from the screen.

ellagray

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I am not happy with several things on lollipop...shorter battery life and the s voice changed to a repulsive hyper robot who speaks to fast to be understood.

Javad Ali

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I just got my replacement Galaxy S5 from Tmobile warranty and im so glade that the Lollypop firmware isn't installed. I am not going to be updating my firmware because on my old phone i did and it killed my battery so much faster, my stock contact app would constantly crash and everything got so much laggyer. First android firmware to be released in my eyes as a #Fail just like the new samsung galaxy s6. whats wrong with you samsung and android?? you guys are definitely on some major drugs sitting on the board making these decisions.

aivlysweetie

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Eeps, I had my phone for 1 day (purchased yesterday) and literally stupidly blindingly pressed yes for the software update. I swear the ok button was right above the back button or something. terrible me. i'm pretty...pissed. on KK battery was GREAT - had about a 55% charge when i left the store and lasted til this morning, switched to powersave at 10% while i was downloading some apps. Now, with LP, battery's down 20% in 20 mins and says i have 5 hours left. W.T.F. :( I'm tempted to go back and get another phone via insurance........

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2