Why does my Samsung Galaxy S5 earphone remain on, when the earphone is not in the jack?

D Spiers

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S5 Earphone remains on - when earphone not in jack

I have now taken my phone back to the retailer who did a factory reset and was not able to fix. As my phone was under 2 weeks old, they changed over the phone to a new Samsung Galaxy S5. Let's hope the same thing doesn't happen with this one!

The earphone remains on even though no earphone is in the earphone jack - therefore I have to use earphones to make a call. I have tried turning the phone off and restarting - taking the battery out and the SD card but the problem is not fixed. The phone is only a week old and has never been dropped or exposed to water. Does anyone have a fix for this problem?

Last edited:

ahj4513

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Earphone remains on - when earphone not in jack

Have you tried pulling out the battery, leaving it out for 10 seconds or so, and then putting it back in and rebooting?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Earphone remains on - when earphone not in jack

I wish I could help you, but I'm uncomfortable doing anything involving sound *without* the earbuds. It wouldn't bother me a bit if the thing had no speakers at all.

Your phone must still be under warranty, so have you contacted your carrier about this? You might need a replacement.