Use voice to send text messages (Verizon/Samsung Apps)

wingman1800

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to use your voice to type text in Verizon Message +........... What about samsung message ??
thanks
tom

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Message + voice text??

Is there any way to use your voice to type text in Verizon Message +........... What about samsung message ??
thanks
tom
When you open the keyboard to type text do you see a microphone icon? If you do, then press that and speak the text you want entered. If you don't, then you'll need to install another keyboard, such as Google Keyboard, Swiftkey, or Fleksy. Pressing the microphone will allow you to use voice to enter text rather than having to manually type text.

Tim Holland1

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
I am using Message + on my S5. I have 2 microphones visible when I send a text in this app. The large one in the area where I type the message is the one that you hold to record an audio text (hold it in, speak message, release and it send recorded voice message as a text). The one below it is a smalled microphone icon and it appears in the 'suggested word' area. This is the one I pressed to start the voice texting (speak and phone translates spoken message into text). This used to work all the time....but all of a sudden stopped? it may be that I deleted an app that is needed when I cleaned things up but not sure? I use the Google keyboard - FYI. If anyone has ideas on how I can correct this I would appreciate it!

- Tim

shacker8

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I found it!

On the stock samsung keyboard look at your emoji button...2 buttons left of the space bar. Notice in the top right corner there is a settings cog icon. Hold down the button and 4 buttons will appear. One will be a microphone. If you select it it then assigns that button as a microphone instead of emoji.

Serendipity1

May 11, 2016
Visit site
Absolutely wonderful! Thanks so much. This was driving me crazy that I couldn't figure out how to set that pref. No idea how you figured that out, but sincerely grateful you shared the details.

kac70

Oct 1, 2016
Visit site
I registered for an account just to thank you for your post. This has been driving me crazy for a while now. Thank you so much :)

Shungaberry

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
This is so awesome!!!! I used to have it, and as with so much modern technology, it disappeared. I dont know how u found it, but Mahalo!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800