Am I the only one who likes Lollipop?

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Battery life has improved significantly with lollipop and after swapping out social media and shopping apps for their mobile websites. I USE TO: Only get about 7-10 hrs with 3hrs screen time now I get around 15-24hrs with 4+hrs screen time. Depending on if I have wifi or a good data signal.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Galaxy S5

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-08-15-44-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-08-15-44-03.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 42

BR34KF4ST

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
heres my stats for today oh and the approximate timing thingy i doubt is accurate i drop a percent that thing goes down by an hour any way to improve batt life?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-09-20-47-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-09-20-47-45.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 40

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Battery life has improved significantly with lollipop and after swapping out social media and shopping apps for their mobile websites. I USE TO: Only get about 7-10 hrs with 3hrs screen time now I get around 15-24hrs with 4+hrs screen time. Depending on if I have wifi or a good data signal.

Exactly what I do ;). All on my chrome bookmark page for fast access.
A lot of people won't go this far but I use chrome a lot so its no big deal to me...

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
heres my stats for today oh and the approximate timing thingy i doubt is accurate i drop a percent that thing goes down by an hour any way to improve batt life?

That does not look too bad, depending on usage & other factors. to get better battery life settingthings like "location" to WiFi only not GPS and uninstalling apps that are constantly syncing in the background is a start.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
yes! it's worth the lack of push notifications, and the mobile website functionality is just as good as the apps (except for Instagram).

Posted on my conviently, convient Galaxy tab 3 7.0 via Android Central App

Anita Carpenter

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
So my phone on ee network in the uk updated to lollipop last week, I took a look on line at the new features and am left rather confused by the fact that loads are missing from the update any advice?

steve1279

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I had 2 updates on my phone. First one was about 2 or 3 weeks ago, did the upgrade after checking and nothing changed on my phone. Second update was through a message and i did it, that changed everything. I love the new setup, except the battery life and certain apps refuse to "force stop" or disable.

BR34KF4ST

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
try searching 'battery life(lollipop)' in the ac app i have a thread there and i posted my stats have a look

prlundberg

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

That sounds like Windows Phone talk.

My Chrome has been awful on Lollipop. I'm on Verizon so no second update for me. There SHOULDN'T have even been a first one, it was inexcusable to release something that bad.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

My Chrome has been awful on Lollipop. I'm on Verizon so no second update for me. There SHOULDN'T have even been a first one, it was inexcusable to release something that bad.

This is sadly true, they overlooked something that's for sure....
I hope they push out a fix soon before everybody on Verizon has to do a factory data reset...

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

Sadly enough this is the state of Android! Apps aren't optimised for battery savings, these social apps, location apps and shopping apps are pinging your battery at will and they kill your battery. Unfortunately I don't think that's going to stop anytime soon.

fireair2600

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
If you are thinking of getting the lollipop upgrade for your galaxy phone please read this first. I upgraded to the lollipop operating system and was astonished with how far Samsung had degraded the phone. All fonts are much smaller and lighter making them extremely hard to see. If you increase the font size your contact names get bigger but most of the rest of the fonts are a 4 or smaller making it almost impossible to see. The contact pictures are less than half the size and round making them useless. Calendar fonts are microscopic. Almost all the pages are white making it almost blinding and harder to see the much finer print on the page. Not to mention all the major problems people are reporting. This is not progress this is more of a bait and switch. Worst of all we are not allowed to deny the so called upgrade. Call your provider or call Samsung and tell them this is an outrage. They can’t sell you a product then destroy it and tell you to live with while they figure out if and what they may fix.

Samsung 1-(800)-987-4357

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
If you are thinking of getting the lollipop upgrade for your galaxy phone please read this first. I upgraded to the lollipop operating system and was astonished with how far Samsung had degraded the phone. All fonts are much smaller and lighter making them extremely hard to see. If you increase the font size your contact names get bigger but most of the rest of the fonts are a 4 or smaller making it almost impossible to see. The contact pictures are less than half the size and round making them useless. Calendar fonts are microscopic. Almost all the pages are white making it almost blinding and harder to see the much finer print on the page. Not to mention all the major problems people are reporting. This is not progress this is more of a bait and switch. Worst of all we are not allowed to deny the so called upgrade. Call your provider or call Samsung and tell them this is an outrage. They can’t sell you a product then destroy it and tell you to live with while they figure out if and what they may fix.

Samsung 1-(800)-987-4357

If you are on Verizon's version of Lollipop, this has nothing to do with Samsung I am afraid. See #1.6 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

Hardwaremom

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Since the update my son has been having issues with his S5. He usually keeps his sounds muted but the Alarm would still sound, and since his update, it does not anymore. He doesn't want his text notificaions waking him up in the middle of the night. He also has said that his battery is draining much faster. My issues with the phone has to do with the visual changes. I don't like the color changes on the "Headers" and also all the white backgrounds. Also, My contct pictures getting smaller. The Orange circle with the + sign for adding contacts or new messages just seems to be in the way. I haven't had any issues with the battery life though. We are on Verizon, so who do you complain to?? Is this a Verizon Change or a Samsung change?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze