Lollipop update for At&t

schwanz583

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone herd anything? Wtf!?! Why is att the last one to get it, assuming we get it haha.

Posted via Android Central App

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
AT&T & Verizon have Alot in common. Maybe AT&T saw what the big V did & went back to the drawing board.
Then again maybe AT&T are just as lame as stated - in all honesty its probably the latter..
Hopefully they will make it up to you guys by giving you a very nice version of lollipop with little to no issues, kinda like Sprint did for its customers - just months after Sprint did.....

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
AT&T does a lot more testing than "the other guys". I believe that 5.0 for the S5 is currently around the beginning of soak testing.

Do you want fast, buggy and your phone doesn't work? Or do you want slow, you clear the system cache and you have no problems? (Other than the fact that a white screen eats a lot more battery on an Amoled screen than a black screen does.)

Personally I don't see anything in LollyFlop that would make me want it. My phone works just fine on 4.4.2 and 4.4.4. It's not like the old ROM is going to break down in 2 years. It's a phone, not a Yugo.

schwanz583

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
AT&T does a lot more testing than "the other guys". I believe that 5.0 for the S5 is currently around the beginning of soak testing.

Do you want fast, buggy and your phone doesn't work? Or do you want slow, you clear the system cache and you have no problems? (Other than the fact that a white screen eats a lot more battery on an Amoled screen than a black screen does.)

Personally I don't see anything in LollyFlop that would make me want it. My phone works just fine on 4.4.2 and 4.4.4. It's not like the old ROM is going to break down in 2 years. It's a phone, not a Yugo.

Haha, well said. I have no big desire to have lollipop either, but my phone worked much better on 4.4.2. Ever since the 4.4.4 update, the home button is useless (opens google now ever press) and youtube will only play 720p.... other than that it's fine..

Posted via Android Central App

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
To be fair, they held 4.4.4 for months after everyone else and when it finally came out, it still had all the same bugs but more bloatware was added. My moms phone (formerly my S4) got WiFi Calling with the update and we didn't.

Posted via the Android Central App