How do I mute the mic in AUX?

Liam420

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
muted mic in AUX?

I have just moved from S2 to S5 (and love it!) I seem to be missing 1 option tho, on the S2 I would plug to AUX port on car stereo from headphone jack (straight AUX cable - nothing fancy) and could listen to music and hear calls via car speakers, also on the call my phone mic would pick up my voice so with the phone on the dash mount I could easily make/receive calls, on the S5 however the mic seems to be muted when aux cable plugged in (same with headphones) and I have to unplug the cable or headphones to have the recipient hear me, am I missing a setting somewhere?

thx

Liam

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: muted mic in AUX?

That's odd... have you tried using a different cable maybe? I tried a friend's S5 in my car and the mic works just the way you're describing (and I remember my S4 doing it and the S2 as well...). All I can think of is that the cable might be 'triggering' headset mode instead of headphones (unfortunately, not a setting you can change, it's just the phone sensing the cable's pins to check if it's headphones or a headset).

Liam420

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: muted mic in AUX?

cheers...same in both my car and wifes, same with couple different set of heaphones...tried the old s2 back on the cable...works as it should...issue is def with the S5...either hardware or settings

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar