Why is my wifi being extremely weird on my Galaxy S5?

Jaffinater

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
Wifi being extremely weird on my galaxy s5

For some reason, a error keeps popping up every time I connect to my home wifi. The phone connects perfectly fine and it says it is connected, but whenever I attempt to use the internet nothing will load at all. The wifi bars are there and are full, but nothing works. In wifi settings it says it is connected. On all of the other desktops, laptops, and mobile devices in the house the same wifi works perfectly fine. So, I have come to the conclusion that it must be something having to do with the phone.

Please help this is driving me insane

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Wifi being extremely weird on my galaxy s5

have you tried cutting your router off and then cutting it back on? also you can "forget" your router and then set it back up again in your phone's wifi settings try those 2 options :)

Jaffinater

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site

I just tried tried with turning my router on and off again, but that did not work. I have also hit forget in my WiFi settings but that only disconnects me. When I reconnect it, the same problem. How would I reconfigure the the settings so it works?

Posted via the Android Central App

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

look in your wifi settings is your Smart Switch checkbox checked if so un- check it
also is your keep wifi on during sleep to always?

Jaffinater

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site

The smart switch box was/is unchecked and WiFi on during sleep was/is set on always

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Hmmmm..... OK did you unplug your router for about 30 to 45 seconds? Also in power saving mode do you have any restrictions set up on wifi?
when you went in and hit forget network it should have made you reconnect and reenter the password, I'm guessing it just automatically reconnected?

Jaffinater

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site

I just unplugged the router again for that amount of time and nothing changed. My laptop was able to easily connect again. There are no restrictions set up for WiFi in power saving mode and when I hit forget network and then try to get back in, sometimes it would ask me for the password. It usually did, but I don't think that means anything in this context. And it did automatically "connect".

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

my last thought would be just cutting your phone off and then back on off the top of my head.

Jaffinater

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site

That last one worked, surprisingly! Yay! Thank you so much! I have no idea why that would have changed anything, but it worked! Thank you, you made my day

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

My S5 was doing this today. There was nothing wrong with the router. The signal was good and strong but I had no Internet connection. I finally shut the phone down for a few minutes and then powered it back on and it's working fine now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo