MicroSD Card Transfer

peteramollica

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I have an S5. I am currently using as 64gb MicroSD Card which is now full. I purchased a 128gb card. The 64gm has a read/write speed of 80 and the 128 has a speed of 48. I used the SD card adapter to copy the entire contents of the old 64gb card to my windows 8.1 pc. I inserted the new 128gb sd card into the S5 and formatted it.

It is having significant problems copying the 64gb image on my pc to the 128gb card in the phone. The first time I ran the copy and it ran for over 20 hours and only copied about 5gb and stopped. So I removed the sd card from the phone and inserted into the pc adapter that came with it. I then tried to copy from the pc to the card in the adapter in the pc... same results. It ran forever and then stopped.

I decided to restart the process and inserted the 128gb card into the phone and formatted it. I ran the copy process using copy/paste to the card in the phone using file explorer and restarted the copy process. I told it to not to recopy existing files on the 128gb card hoping that it would pick up where it left off.

I noticed something strange. I saw that in the dialog box that opened listing the files being copied and the precentage completed, that it would zip through 10 or 20 files and then pause for about a minute. It would continue to copy the next 20 or so files and then pause again. It's been doing this since I restarted the copy process.

Am I doing anything wrong? I did this same exact process when I upgraded from an old 16gb card to my current 64gb card. Copy/Paste the entire contents of the 16gb card to the pc, then copy/paste the contents back to the 64gb card using the sd card adapter that came with the 64gb card. Is there a more reliable way to copy the contents to my new 128gb card?

Sorry this is so long but I wanted to relate all details hoping that someone will see what I'm doing wrong and can help me. I really need your help. Please, reply to this if you have an idea how I can get the contents of my 64gb card to my new 128gb card.

P.S. All cards that I have talked about are SanDisk cards.

Thanks in advance for your help!

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Try using another SD card adapter and copying the contents from the old to the new card. Could be that the copy you took to your pc from the 64GB card is corrupt.

Posted via the Android Central App

peteramollica

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I have three adapters and have tried each one. Also, I thought that the 64gb card image on the pc could be corrupt so I copied it twice. Both times never indicated any issues.

Thanks for responding.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I have three adapters and have tried each one. Also, I thought that the 64gb card image on the pc could be corrupt so I copied it twice. Both times never indicated any issues.

Thanks for responding.

The only other suggestion I can make is to replace the SanDisk card with a Samsung one. Some Samsung phones don't like anything apart from Samsung cards..

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11