Will my parents be notified if I unlock my Samsung Galaxy S5?

A

AC Question

why does my samsung galaxy s5 worried that my parents will be notified if i unlock it,.

it appears this only happens when I'm driving in my car. Car mode is not activated. Any help would be appreciated.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: why does my samsung galaxy s5 worried that my parents will be notified if i unlock it,.

What happens?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: why does my samsung galaxy s5 worried that my parents will be notified if i unlock it,.

Do you get a notification when trying to unlock it or something? And remember, don't use your phone if driving :)

Michael Kiernan

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site

When I turn on my phone I get a screen that says your phone is locked. It gives me a choice to press a 911 emergency call or to unlock the phone. When I press unlock I get a warning message that my parents will be notified and then I click OK. Then the phone opens. This is completely
from the security log into the phone where I enter my PIN. This only began after the latest update to the operating software about 6 weeks ago.

Posted via the Android Central App

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Not totally sure what kind of software that can do this. Does your carrier have anything where your parents can have it set up to notify them of you driving and using your phone? I know AT&T has a drive mode setting where it detects if you are going more than 15 mph and switches to hands free... That would be the closest thing I can think of.

Michael Kiernan

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site

I called Sprint and they told me there was such a service that has been activated on my phone many years ago when my children were small. I don't remember that and this problem just started recently so it seems a little hot. they said they turned it off yesterday and I have not seen the problem again since so perhaps that was it. I suppose the recent update to the Samsung software that the phone went through might have somehow activated that old program again