How did this photo get on my S5?

Kyle Calcagino

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
how did this photo get on my s5?

Ok, so there's this screen shot of a tattoo idea I wanted a while back when I first got my Samsung galaxy 5, it's been a little less then a year but that is irrelevant, I never sent the photo, or shared it. It just sat there, I ended up cracking the screen to that phone and losing it. Losing everything on that phone, but today I open my new s5 which has no connection with my old phone and is also a refurbish. Somehow it got on this new phone and it freaked me out because the picture was just a screen shot nothing important enough for me to have backed up or anything. I've had a similar situation happen but with my girlfriends contact name, which in my old phone was "chelsie baby" exactly and in my new phone she is saved as "bae😙😚😙😚" but for a split second on this phone which isn't connected by any sort of social media, and specifically not transferred any of my contacts, showed up while in a phone call with her as chelsie baby, is there some sort of samsung/Google service that stores all of this information? And if so WHY these specific photos and contact name, and would it be possible to access this information if so? Thank you. Kyle

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: how did this photo get on my s5?

Welcome to Android Central! If that screenshot was ever uploaded or backed up to your Google+ Photos in the cloud, then it will show up on any device that you're logged into (if your Google+ Photos are being synced). This can happen even if you send the photo to a friend via Hangout instant message, because sending photos or videos via Hangouts is done by uploading the media to your Google+ Photos, then essentially sharing that link privately with the recipient.

Go to your Google+ Photos on the web, select the All Photos view (or the Albums view), and look for the screenshot there. If it's there, delete it, and it should disappear from your phone. You can also use the Photos app (the one with the pinwheel icon) to delete photos from your Google+ Photos cloud.

The "chelsie baby" name was probably carried over in your Google account as well. To manage this history, go to google.com/settings/accounthistory.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11