How can I use my 2 Galaxy S5's to create a wireless microphone setup for use at a wedding.?

A

AC Question

I want to use 2 Galaxy S5's to create a wireless microphone setup for use at a wedding.

One phone will have a hard wire mic attached to it for the minister to wear and the other phone will be hard wired to the mic input jack of my video camera some 20-30 feet away.

Using a regular phone call would add some delay, but may not be noticeable from 20-30 feet away. Can these phones communicate in any other way that would eliminate the delay? Also, I think I can easily connect the earphone/mic jack to the mic input of the camera.

Need your help with this

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: I want to use 2 Galaxy S5's to create a wireless microphone setup for use at a wedding.

There are Bluetooth short distance "walkie-talkie" apps that might work over that distance. A few of them are free, so try them out. (But digital communications of any sort creates a delay - the speech is gathered up into a packet, then shot out. On TV, both the audio and video signals have delays, and different amounts, but delay lines keep the total delay from mic/camera or video source - to transmitter the same. Watch TV on 2 sets tuned to the same channel and you'll see that they're not receiving the signal at the same time, the way the old analog sets would.)