How do I take pictures of small objects, macro photos on my Galaxy S5?

Aafsut

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
how to take pictures of small objects, macro photos in galaxy s5

Hi,
I want to capture small objects like small flowers, bees, insects and pests but cant get the Samsung Galaxy S5 to focus on anything close. My S3 had a button for Macro Photography. I don't see this option and when I tap to focus, it tries but it acts like it's too close and fails. It looks like it will focus on the close object for like a second, then it zooms back out.
I have tried to turn off auto focus and stabilization but the result is same.
What should i do now to fix it?
Or maybe any third party app can do it?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. :)

You can focus closer by holding a magnifying lens in front of the phone's camera lens. Because the camera lens has a wide angle of view the magnifier will need to be of quite large diameter. It will also need to be an achromatic doublet, to stand any chance of good-quality results. It will probably work best if of concavo-convex shape. An old binocular front lens might do, though not the right shape. You will probably have to crop the picture anyway, so any fall-off of quality towards the corners of the image won't really matter.
Anyway, that's one way of doing it.

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^I didn't know about that feature (and don't have an S5). That's a much better solution!😊
But I sometimes use the lens method with my Lumia 1020 which cannot focus very close.

Posted via the Android Central App

Shawn kaller

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: how to take pictures of small objects, macro photos in galaxy s5

If you want to close shot.there is a Selective focus option disable it and capture the close shot.

dkelly701

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
There is a widget available called "Magnifier." Place it on one of your home screens and launch it. It will make you phone a magnifier that is zoomable. You can also take a picture while in this mode by pressing the "Capture" button. It actually works well.

Edit:

After I posted, I noticed the thread was 6 months old. Sorry.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech