Why are my Galaxy S5 contacts always crashing after the Lollipop update (T-Mo)?

Randall Lind

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy s5 contacts always crashing after Lollipop update (T-Mo)

The only issue I really have is that I get a popup saying contracts has stopped working. I also have some video's apps from Swagbucks locking up the phone but that could be the apps.

When I frist installed lollipop I guess 2-3 weeks ago a lot of stock apps issues a master restore fix all but the popup for contracts. The pop up appears after I close thee phone. contracts or message app. Clear cache. cache partition and did another master restore. I guess until there a update or the s6 comes out I am stuck with it.:(

conanbarb

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Galaxy s5 contacts always crashing after Lollipop update (T-Mo)

I have the same issue with my Verizon Galaxy S5 so it's not limited to T-Mo. It seems to happen randomly so I can't reproduce the error at will. I tried a FDR to fix some other issues, but that didn't fix the Contacts issue.

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site

I saw it mentioned somewhere else where someone pointed out that it appears to be related to the Google+ app. If you don't use Google+ on your phone, try going into applications and disabling it. I haven't had any issues since disabling it.

Brian_Blaire

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site

Everyone is experiencing it.. just waiting for an update

Posted via the Samsung Galaxy S5

Detectionable

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

I saw it mentioned somewhere else where someone pointed out that it appears to be related to the Google+ app. If you don't use Google+ on your phone, try going into applications and disabling it. I haven't had any issues since disabling it.

This ^^

For the G900F, the new BOC7 update apparently fixes this

Randall Lind

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site

I have no new update for the G900T but Nechasin tricked seemed to have fixed the issue. Disable Google+ and all fixed here!!!

Last edited:

leon odell

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

Using Titanium Backup I disabled Google= and still get this problem. Called Samsung and they DID NOT know of this problem and thus there is NO fix or update coming to fix. The problem in in the SOL box.

Ssands1

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Very recently I had this exact same problem on my Samsung GS5, Verizon, Lollipop phone and after extensive research and trying this and that, I found a solution that was directly responsible for the Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped alert window.

The procedure is easy and involves going to your Voicemail App and deleting any save Voicemail messages in you list...BUT...you also have to delete the Deleted messages in that app, because the app saves a dummy copy as well In Case you decisde you make a mistake...I use the Verizon voicemeail app...
If you use some other vooicemail app there is no guarantee this will work.
But as soon as I deleted my voicemails, I had 2 and one recent the day before I saw the problem and tried my phone app and contacts app, everything worked again....Hopes this helps you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance