New Verizon 5.0 lollipop Build Dropped today??

Alex_Flores

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
I updated my gs5 to 5.0 back in Feb and I got the new update today. Still 5.0 but feels a little more quicker with opening and closing apps.

Posted via the Android Central App

sbhnet

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Same for me. Lollipop in February, and the update is installing as I type this. Not sure if it's OC4 or not yet; still optimizing apps. Update: It's OC4! Let's see if it fixes all of my issues! :-\

Last edited:

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I also have been running version G900VVRU1BOA8 from Version on my S5 for about 3 weeks now. I just checked for a new update and it said I have the latest version.

I will definitely be keeping an eye on this thread. I'm curious about what fixes and improvements there will be. One can only hope that Version gets it right this time.

Posted via Android Central App

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
It seems that Verizon's is now pushing it to those on OA8 now. Perhaps a change of heart or customer pressure.

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Same for me. Lollipop in February, and the update is installing as I type this. Not sure if it's OC4 or not yet; still optimizing apps. Update: It's OC4! Let's see if it fixes all of my issues! :-\

Let us know how the update went for you and what it fixed.

doctorg23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Installing now. Had previously installed lollipop. My biggest issue has been a super slow phone since adding Airwatch because my job requires it. My battery life also went to **** after adding Airwatch onto Lollipop.

Maybe this update will help.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
My wife's S5 got the previous Lollipop and I did a manual check for updates on hers - the new update is installing now. No need to have rejected the old Lollipop build to upgrade to the latest.

Really hope it fixes the "alarm doesn't go off if the phone is on Mute" issue.

Edit: WTF. I told it to reboot when it offered to, and it rebooted into manual mode recovery. Tried applying from cache (which it says is deprecated) and from external storage but I can't find the download. Rebooted to system and it says there was an error updating my device. Checked for an update again and it says software update is unavailable. So maybe there is an issue. Crap. F'ing Samsung.

Edit 2: on another attempt to check software update, it found the update and seems to have installed correctly. It's optimizing apps. Next stop: alarm checking.

Exactly the same here... Wish ppl would do their due diligence before posting nonsense about the update being offered only to those on Kit Kat... Smh

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I just updated and it's BOC4. I'm left scratching my head... What was the previous lollipop I had since February?

konvajw

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I had updated to previous Verizon lollipop 5.0 version, which was fine after factory reset. Just received and installed updated version. Smooth install that went fine. I don't notice any obvious difference yet, but running fine so far.

Toto39

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Did update to new build. Been running BOA8 since Feb. A little faster with new update, Contacts closing hasn't happened yet, and screen pinning added. Just hope this helps with heating issues from previous build.

bigrb

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Failed on first shot for me, too, worked second time, and seems to be much smoother than the initial lollipop install for me...not as much lag, seems faster in the hour or two i played with it after install...have to see how battery life is today. I also did wipenthe cache, but did not do a factory reset this time around

SteveO_148

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Failed on first shot for me, too, worked second time, and seems to be much smoother than the initial lollipop install for me...not as much lag, seems faster in the hour or two i played with it after install...have to see how battery life is today. I also did wipenthe cache, but did not do a factory reset this time around

Same here. I will report out after the first day.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I got the update yesterday. Installation went smoothly. Can't tell any differences yet, performance or otherwise. My phone has been running fine since the original Lollipop update.