Why does the Galaxy S5 icon appeared in notifications?

A

AC Question

Galaxy s5 icon appeared in notifications

I have a hang up icon showing at the top of my phone all of a sudden, it looks like the wifi icon with an upside down reciver under it, like the one for hanging up after calls. Why is it there and how do I get rid of it? Seem to be missing calls that just arnt coming through.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy s5 icon appeared in notifications

I have a hang up icon showing at the top of my phone all of a sudden, it looks like the wifi icon with an upside down reciver under it, like the one for hanging up after calls. Why is it there and how do I get rid of it? Seem to be missing calls that just arnt coming through.

That is probably your available WiFi connections notification. If you go in to settings, wifi settings, click on the three dots or settings, click on Advanced, and uncheck Netowork Notification.

tazer67

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

Hi and thanks for reply. It's not the wifi notification icon as that is next to it. I have 2 galaxy s5's and it's only showing on one of them. It's exactly like the end call button, when making a call.
2015-04-01 01.51.27.jpg

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Hi and thanks for reply. It's not the wifi notification icon as that is next to it. I have 2 galaxy s5's and it's only showing on one of them. It's exactly like the end call button, when making a call.
View attachment 168896

Looks like some kind of WiFi calling icon, do you have Viber or a WiFi calling service installed?

Yawnieb

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I have been searching for an answer for this for days! From your comments I now know what it is. I received a text from my provider telling me that I can now use wifi to call and text as normal so it must be showing that this is available. Have you heard anything like this from your provider?