Why doesn't Samsung Kies 3 seem to back up my phone onto the computer?

A

AC Question

Samsung Kies 3 does not seem to back up my phone onto the computer

I have installed Kies 3 twice but still get the same problem. The back up from my Galaxy S5 appears to go well until I look into the folders created on my computer in Kies. It has backed up some things but most folders either have nothing in them or have file types that I can't open on my computer, which I guess are Samsung files. Surely if I have downloaded Kies specifically to back everything on the phone up, the software will have the ability to open these file types? Anyone got any suggestions?Please!!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Kies 3 does not seem to back up my phone onto the computer

I have installed Kies 3 twice but still get the same problem. The back up from my Galaxy S5 appears to go well until I look into the folders created on my computer in Kies. It has backed up some things but most folders either have nothing in them or have file types that I can't open on my computer, which I guess are Samsung files. Surely if I have downloaded Kies specifically to back everything on the phone up, the software will have the ability to open these file types? Anyone got any suggestions?Please!!

The file types probably pertain to Linux and not Windows and that is why you can open them. Did it back up the data that you wanted?