Why has my Lollipop upgrade caused TouchWiz Prompt?

paranoidandroid22

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Lollipop Upgrade Causes TouchWiz Prompt

I just upgraded to the new Lollipop and ever since, almost every time i touch the home button it brings up a prompt asking me Whether to use TouchWiz Home - Just once or always - or use different application - TouchWiz Easy Home.

I have attempted to change the defaults in my settings, but no luck permanently solving the problem. Help would be greatly appreciated as its driving me nuts! Thank you!!

GPilot750

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lollipop Upgrade Causes TouchWiz Prompt

My wife's phone is doing the same thing. Cache clearing hasn't fixed it. I started another thread here for this but have had no suggestions on a fix.

paranoidandroid22

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site

Only since the update I'm guessing? I wonder if there is any chance uninstalling and re-installing update - if possible - would fix it?

kickincox17

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site

My phone is doing the same thing. I also started another thread on it but have heard nothing back yet either.

paranoidandroid22

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site

I have been trouble shooting, I backed up everything and did a system restore. As of right now, less bugs. I am still trying to get a hold of Samsung to completely sort out the problem because I do not think it is acceptable.

GPilot750

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site

Yes only after the update. Unfortunately, I'm not home for a few days to help her with a factory reset, and she's pissed that this happening every few seconds.

Matt Troskey

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Same issue. This happened to me on my upgrade before lollipop as well. I recall seeing an answer on a forum back then about uninstalling the google search bar or restoring it to original and not allowing updates to it. That fixed it (until I upgraded software to lollipop) so you might try that. What I just found on another forum was go to: settings -> default applications -> home. The post said to delete outlook or any other home app launcher you have there aside from touchwiz. Somehow I had another app as a choice - must hv landed itself there in the update. Even though it was not selected as my "home default" once I deleted it (garbage can icon next to it) my problem has gone away.

Last edited:

johna2u

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

It sounds like you might have muktiple launchers installed. When you get the touchwiz prompt does it say something like - use touchwiz, "once or always". If this is the case if you choose once. It will ask you every time. If you choose always it will be set as your default launcher and stop asking.

Sent from my SM-T320

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie