Saving Email Pictures

Seven6

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

When I try and save pictures from my email, they don't save and the app force closes. Any size picture, from any recipient.

I'm using the default mail app, and my email is a pop email.

I've tried clearing the cache of the app; but to no avail.

Any help?
Thanks.
--H

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you able to get as far as the option to save the picture to device? Do you know if it's trying to save to Internal Storage or SD card? If the latter, then I wonder if the card might be corrupt and causing this issue--try saving to Internal Storage.

Another general thing to try is a cache partition wipe: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10404

Seven6

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I can get as far as hitting the ellipsis, and when I choose "Save", that's when it force closes.

If I do the cache partition wipe, will I lose anything (saved emails or the like)?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Cache wipes are safe. Cached data is by definition temporary, non-critical data. It's there just to allow apps to function more quickly and efficiently.

Seven6

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
How would I go about changing whether it would save to Internal Storage, or SD Card? I don't see that type of option anywhere within the app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That kind of option may be specific to the phone (in the system settings) or the app (in the app's own settings). If you don't see the option in either place, then it isn't possible on your device.