How do I add addresses to my gmail account?

onewayphil

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
adding addresses to my g-mail accout

I can't seem to find a way to add e-mail addresses to my g-mail app. I cant find it in the user guide or maybe I'm just missing it. This is my first smartphone. With texts I'm dealing with phone #s. I want to put some contacts from my laptop onto my S-5. Thanks...oneway

I fixed the problem. Exported address book from desktop to folder, then attached to email and sent to smartphone.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: adding addresses to my g-mail accout

Welcome to Android Central! Glad you found a solution, but the ideal way is to enter your contacts into the Contacts app. Your Gmail app integrates with the Contacts app, so that when you start typing a contact name, it will show you a number of possibilities from your Contacts. Or you can look in the Contacts app, select a contact, and select an option to send an email.

GalaxyManAD

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

Is there a way to stop contacts from pulling up hits from every person you have emailed or is linked through Google+ when you search in the Contacts app? This is my problem, and I can't find a solution.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I don't get that problem, but I don't know if it's because I have a different phone than yours (Nexus 5). Try going to the Contacts app, tap Menu>Contacts To Display, and instead of selecting All Contacts, try Customize. In Customize, select your Google account, and then check My Contacts (which should be all of your Google contacts anyway).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair