How can I get my Galaxy S5 from staying active when I receive a notification?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AC Question

Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Lockout Screen, Display Staying Active When Receiving New Notifications

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 on the T-Mobile Network and my device was recently updated to version 5. I have the fingerprint lockout function enabled on my device but I am encountering a problem with it. I go to bed with my device unplugged and my alarm clock set for several hours in the future. When I wake up my screen is active on my device on the fingerprint lockout screen. While sleeping I commonly receive text messages and when I receive these text messages it turns my device display on and it will not turn off until I click the lock button or scan my finger and enter into the device. I am unable to find the setting to change this display property, I attempt to turn off notifications on the lockout screen but the same thing occurs. Please help, this is draining my battery while I am sleeping or not paying attention. Where are the display property settings for the lockout screen? When I am in my device beyond the lockout screen I have my display set to turn off after 2 minutes. But, this only works if I am in the device and beyond the lockout screen. Does anyone have any suggestions on this? Please help

Thank you,
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.