cleaner/booster

GefH

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I also am curious about this. This is the advert I've been seeing.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cleanmaster.mguard

Very high ratings from 18 million users. Anyone using this stuff?

Last edited:

Travo79

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I have used Clean Master in the past. It does a good job of cleaning junk and outdated files from your phone.

However, I usually install it, let it do its thing, and then uninstall it. The app has a nasty habit of bugging you with 3-4 notifications a day. "You can clean X amount of memory", which turns out to be pictures, videos, and other things that most people don't want to get rid of.

It will also monitor your memory usage and ask tell you that your memory (RAM) is nearly full. It wants to boost your RAM by closing programs that are running in the background. This is completely unnecessary for Android phones as using more RAM is a good thing. Killing them off actually eats your battery, as they will only restart themselves in a few minutes.

So, if you've got useless stuff gumming up your phone, use it then uninstall it. That's my two cents.

Posted via the Android Central App

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Hummmm, 18.5 million 5 star ratings vs 8 5 star ratings. I'm gonna have to go with the 18.5 mil and then uninstall it as suggested.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Millions of people were convinced that the world was flat until it was proven to be round. Those links provide proof about bogus crapware. If you choose to believe the world is flat, so be it. Don't fall off the edge.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't fallen off in 56 years...guess there's always a first for everything tho. I promise I'll be careful! :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03