Using phone as GPS for program runing on PC

MEPaquette

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I have downloaded a marine GPS and I want to use it with Microsoft Flight Simulator.
The GPS provider has provided me with a link for a program that would enable me to receive the GPS locator information from my PC rather than directly from the satellites. But it is for a Bluetooth connections, which I don't have on my PC. Is it possible to use the USB connection that came with the phone to receive the information from my computer?

Michel

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have downloaded a marine GPS and I want to use it with Microsoft Flight Simulator.
The GPS provider has provided me with a link for a program that would enable me to receive the GPS locator information from my PC rather than directly from the satellites. But it is for a Bluetooth connections, which I don't have on my PC. Is it possible to use the USB connection that came with the phone to receive the information from my computer?

Michel

Welcome to Android Central!

Probably not, you would be better off just buying a bluetooth adapter from Amazon.

MEPaquette

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I have gone to a few different forum with this question. Some answers that are coming back is to get a "OTG cable" which, according to Wikipedia will change my phone from "slave" connection to "master" connection. I am going to shop locally if I can find this cable and give this a try.
If this works, I will come back and let you know.

Michel

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have gone to a few different forum with this question. Some answers that are coming back is to get a "OTG cable" which, according to Wikipedia will change my phone from "slave" connection to "master" connection. I am going to shop locally if I can find this cable and give this a try.
If this works, I will come back and let you know.

Michel

Yeah let me know what you find out.

MEPaquette

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I got the OTG cable and a USB Data Link cable. When I plug them in, Window 7 automatically installs it as "USB easy transfer cable" and gives me the option of having my computer as being the "new computer" or the "old computer". Since I wan the information to go fro my computer to my phone, I am assuming that my computer will be the "old computer". I just don't know how to set up my phone to receive the information. Can you help me with that?
I also need to contact the other gue to find out how to se up the GPS output as it is looking for a com port.

Michel

Michel

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I got the OTG cable and a USB Data Link cable. When I plug them in, Window 7 automatically installs it as "USB easy transfer cable" and gives me the option of having my computer as being the "new computer" or the "old computer". Since I wan the information to go fro my computer to my phone, I am assuming that my computer will be the "old computer". I just don't know how to set up my phone to receive the information. Can you help me with that?
I also need to contact the other gue to find out how to se up the GPS output as it is looking for a com port.

Michel

Michel

You got me man, you are treading in to new territory in my book.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke