Time to go back to iPhone?

manamaga

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Cool, no probs. Presumably one would just update / reflash when there is a new stock release then?

Posted via the Android Central App

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
That's right. It means you get the latest and greatest firmwares sometimes, months, before anyone else on carrier branded phones.

manamaga

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Liking :) been through all my apps and thus far no probs or crashes. In fact, I'm not at work today but needed to get some work done. We use Google apps for education at work and I'm a google apps administrator. I downloaded the google admin app this morning to get some user management done but the app would not launch. Kept getting the "unfortunately" message. Tried it again after flashing and it runs like a dream. Thanks for the help and advice! S6 next upgrade I think! :-D

Northern.dj

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Wroung wrong wrong
Just because you have flashed a BTU rom only means the CSC is out of sync
KIES yes Kies will fix this
Open tools up and it's firmware update and reanitiolisation plug in your phone and it will re download the btu firmware and change the CSC to btu
I have done six Vodafone S5 phones and you then get updates

manamaga

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
@Northen.dj I recall you mentioning something about the messaging and contacts apps and vodafone using their own or something. Also seen you mention this in other threads. Now I have flashed, should I download some different apps for messaging / contacts or just run with the default installed ones?

manamaga

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Also, one of my bugs has crept back. The constant sign in request from gallery! Grrrrrr!

manamaga

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Wroung wrong wrong
Open tools up and it's firmware update and reanitiolisation plug in your phone and it will re download the btu firmware and change the CSC to btu

@Northern.dj I did just as you mentioned here, Launched Kies>Tools>Firmware and reanitionalisation, plugged in phone and followed the steps on screen. Had to enter model and serial numbers, warned that all data will be wiped etc. Then it said to disconnect phone, remove battery and replace then boot holding down power, volume down and home button. Did this. On computer progress stuck at 63% but phone carried on as normal and rebooted fine. Now I have all of the vodafone apps back!!! Clearly something didn't go as planned?? Any advice?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
We don't have locked bootloaders on the international, G900F, phone. Only the U. S. carriers insist on that.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Wroung wrong wrong

Here's what phone now says:

AP: G900FXXU1BNL9
CP: G900FXXU1BNL9
CSC: G900FVFR1BNL2

Kies shows:
View attachment 172242

Kies did exactly what it was supposed to do under the circumstances described by Northern.dj, and reverted you back to the phone's internal CSC code's, VFR, firmware for Vodafone UK's latest release, NL9. I don't know how he managed it with 6 Vodafone S5's!!! ;)

You will need to repeat the process you did before and download the new OD3 firmware from SamMobile and fash it via Odin. You will need, as per my Dummies Guide, mentioned in an earlier post, to do this for every update as you will no longer receive updates via Kies or OTA, as you have now found out.

barry1964

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, just checked and it's the one I just flashed. Have to say that [touch wood] this time I'm actually somewhat impressed by the job they've done with 5.0. Still let's wait a few days before doing cartwheels...

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, just checked and it's the one I just flashed. Have to say that [touch wood] this time I'm actually somewhat impressed by the job they've done with 5.0. Still let's wait a few days before doing cartwheels...

Oh, yea of little faith! ;) I must say, I thought that the OC7 release was blooming good but this OD3 is dogd do-da's. Hoe tis one is OK for you.

manamaga

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Downloaded it, looks good. Now I have photos on my SD card, Gallery, Picasa, Google drive and QuickPic, can be very confusing :-/