Why does my Samsung S5 have a very slow battery charge?

Alan Condon

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Samsung S5 Very slow charge up Battery

Hi,
Seem to having a problem with battery as recently it taking good part of the day to charge example started at 9am and still only on 55% around 2.30 this afternoon. I have drained the battery down and restarted as same issue happening again.

Could this be the plug or USB Cable causing this as swapped battery with a friend and same results. A few weeks back the battery was always getting hot as well and that has now stopped doing thaT.
Also removed Google plus due errors always saying contacts/messages/tripadvisor has stopped working etc.

Much help would be grateful as will try another cable/plug to see any difference.

Thankyou
Alan

Lukas Wilk

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung S5 Very slow charge up Battery

Hi Alan, there could be an app running in the background that causes exzessive battery drain, do you have the same issues when you turn off the device and charge it then?
Make sure that you use the original charger.

Cheers

Alan Condon

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung S5 Very slow charge up Battery

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for the reply ... Yes same thing seems to happen on/off as removed a few apps done cc clean on the apps. I am using original charger purchased with fone back in 0ct 14. I am going to try another genuine Samsung charger later. Still not fully charged as taking far too long.

Thanks