well I got the s6 and it's a whole new experience from the s5

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I had my s5 for about a yr and had a love hate relationship with the device. Sometimes it performed flawless and other times it had to many hiccups, lag, got hot or the battery would drain faster then usual. Just alot of hit or miss situations that annoyed me because coming from a Galaxy note 2 I hadn't had those happenings.

Fast forward to the s6 announcement, I was excited but like many, weary about the new direction of the s line phones (no SD, no removable back, non durable material) but nevertheless I was really interested in the s6 edge and so I pre-ordered.

I received the s6 yesterday (2 days early) thanks Sprint. Well, let me say this device is buttery smooth, fast, beautiful, lightweight, tw is decent enough that I may not even go to a custom launcher and the battery isn't as bad as many previously have reported. I'm getting 4-5hrs screen on time so far after 2 full charges and that's with heavy cpu action as I was downloading apps and logging in to all my accounts half the night.

The phone has been excellent thus far and I love it. I must admit before I ordered the phone I was on many forums complaining and try to convince myself that I didn't want this phone because the s5 was plenty good enough. But I couldn't have been more wrong (for me anyway). Anyone on the fence about purchasing either of these devices be sure to try them out side by side and way out your needs in a smartphone. I will say this, when I put my s6 edge next to my s5, the s5 looks like a dinosaur (physically and functionally) , and the software also is noticeably faster, smoother, and lighter on the s6.

Posted from my Monster Galaxy Note 10.1 via Android Central App

anon(5518418)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Its great that they have sorted the issues in the S6, What happened with the S5 I don't know, as I said in another thread, decent specs etc but its just not great to use in real life.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have to say, if it weren't for the improved camera and the fact that the S5 is just a skosh too big to be really comfortable one handed, I might be tempted to stick with it. I have a brand new S5 due to a warranty exchange, and with the Lollipop update, it's really fast and smooth.

It's too late, though. The S6 edge is calling.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Still not happy I can't put an sd card in it though, and that might be enough to keep me away.

I can understand, if that's something you truly use. I wouldn't be surprised if Sammy might brings it back for the s6 active.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 (S is for Super) via the Android Central App

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Awesome. I love your review. Can you tell me, would it be a better choice over the edge version?

Thank you, I personally like the edge because of the sleek design and feel. But the regular s6 also feels good and premium. It's all in what you want in a device. If the edge isn't that much of a draw for you, you can save some $ by getting the s6.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
No SD card, no removable battery, no S6 for me. If I wanted an iPhone I would have bought one.

Well I'm not sure if you've tried the s6 edge out but an iPhone it surely is not. I never understood that argument. With that over generalized perspective of a device I guess when the iPhone 6 was announced apple fans should have said, hey! bigger phones, widgets, notification bar, all aluminum frame, being able to pay for products with my phone at checkout, etc... If I wanted an android phone I would get 1!

Posted on my Galaxy S6 Edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
No SD card, no removable battery, no S6 for me. If I wanted an iPhone I would have bought one.

The 'lack' of SD storage is really overrated - 99.9% of people don't need SD storage with a phone capacity as high as 128GB and with quick charging (I mean REALLY quick) and good battery life, removable batteries have become obsolete. Time to move into the future! ;) I'm loving these next generation devices and am excited to move forward with them!

dnangel_95

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
removable batteries have become obsolete. Time to move into the future!

Says who??
And how's locking a battery inside a phone is moving into the future? The manufacturer's future maybe, yes. I mean charging more to get a battery replaced after warranty's over, their future's looking great alright.

Brian_Blaire

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
All I can say is I'm sticking with my s5. Samsung will obviously bring the features of the S6 to the s5 like the updated TouchWiz and themes. There's a big update for lollipop coming out for the s5 which I've heard makes everything better and faster. The S7 better have a removable battery, SD card slot, and some sort of water resistance.

Posted via the Samsung Galaxy S5

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Says who??
And how's locking a battery inside a phone is moving into the future? The manufacturer's future maybe, yes. I mean charging more to get a battery replaced after warranty's over, their future's looking great alright.

I have a 'battery sealed' 4 year old iPad that still goes really strong so I really think the batteries will generally outlast these sealed devices.

As for the S6, if your battery does go bad, Samsung will replace free of charge within the first year and then for only $45 anytime after that. You really need to hold an S6 or an S6 edge to appreciate just what a great design decision Samsung made. By going sealed, they got more battery into a smaller space which makes for a brilliant, beautiful design.

That said, I get that it won't be for everyone.

srayjacobs

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Maybe not everyone has the same performance in there S5 as me, but it does what I want ,when I want. I really don't care about removable battery, but I do use the SD card. But with 32 or 64 on board storage ,not an issue. The selling point for me is the durability. And I could care less about metal back or plastic. But in my day at work, the dust would , and has killed many of my phones. Unless it would be in a lifeproof case. And the S6 may be better at performance than the S5, but mine is great since the update to 5.0. If I was in for an update I would look to the Note 4 , but then again, I would kill it at my work unless I could protect it. Glad that some are liking the S6. But I'm good here.

Galaxy S5

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-18-20-48-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-18-20-48-58.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

nick ivey

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, I personally like the edge because of the sleek design and feel. But the regular s6 also feels good and premium. It's all in what you want in a device. If the edge isn't that much of a draw for you, you can save some $ by getting the s6.

I came from a g3 and haven't looked Bach with 25 gig of verizons close 100 gigs of drop and 100 of Google photo the device work faster without SD plus 6 bucks ain't nothing I wanted the g4 but I feel the s6 camera will turn out pics just as good after usage ,5.1.1,so 600 and 60 for 200 gigs of storage th hough Google and Dropbox no brainer,but I did pick up lggpad and I'll get b the lggpad x too *** long ads it's quad 801 qualcomm._sp%error I know

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49