Why doesn't the Samsung Galaxy S5 model SM-G900F network mode not support 4g?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: samsung galaxy s5 model SM-G900F network mode not support 4g

Welcome to Android Central! What carrier do you have? In order to access LTE, the LTE bands your carrier uses have to be supported by the phone. According to these specs, your phone supports the following LTE bands: LTE 2100, LTE 800, LTE 1800, LTE 2600,LTE 850, LTE 900. Does your carrier use any of these bands? If so, make sure your APN settings are correct.

Anthony Greer

May 8, 2015
Visit site
i own the galaxy S5 sm-g900f cause its a great phone and it does have 4G LTE!! excepton this model it shows up on your phones signal as H+ or H its known or called hpsa or hpsa+ same as 4G LTE ok thanks

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
i own the galaxy S5 sm-g900f cause its a great phone and it does have 4G LTE!! excepton this model it shows up on your phones signal as H+ or H its known or called hpsa or hpsa+ same as 4G LTE ok thanks

The worldwide, international, model G900F does indeed support 4G/LTE, I am using it now. The OP may either be with a carrier whose network does not support it or needs to obtain a 4G/LTE sim card or needs to upgrade their plan to include 4G/LTE.

I am afraid that HSDPA and HSPA are not the same as 4G/LTE. Much slower speeds. This was a brave marketing ploy by 3G carriers to convince people that they are.In reality, 4G/LTE is much faster. See link...

What is - the difference between LTE (4G), HSPA+, HSDPA, 3G, Edge and GPRS

Last edited: