64gb SD Card Data Corruption issue. Please Help!

Jeff Clark5

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 running stock Android 5.0 that I've been trying to install a 64gb SD card in but it keeps corrupting the music after it has been moved. This is driving me up a wall because it really seems like I've done everything I can to troubleshoot this issue without being able to nail down the problem. :(
This is the second 64gb Samsung EVO 48MB/s UHS-I micro SD SDXC Class 10 Memory Card I've had this problem with.
I have formatted the card several times in the phone.
I've tried using a USB cable and ES Explorer to move the MP3 and FLAC files to the card.
The first 7-8gbs always seem to work OK then everything after that becomes corrupted.
I've tried moving the files first to the internal memory and then to the card, but the corruption still happens.
My cheapo generic 32gb card works just fine. It just doesn't have enough space for my FLAC files.

While all the specs seem to indicate that a 64gb card should work just fine on this phone, I can't get it to behave, and there seems to be a lot of people on the web with similar issues without any conclusive resolution.
Is there some weird trick to making this work that I don't know about, or some odd incompatibility I should be aware of?

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Where did you buy this card and how much did you pay? If it was really cheap and from ebay, it may be one of those hacked cards that reads 64gb but is really a smaller amount, like 4gb or 8gb.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Did you try to unmount from settings? That says it will safely remove the card.

If you did that, it's probably the card. I never remove mine. Why do you want to remove it? I like that we can, but I haven't had a need to yet.

Posted via Android Central App

Skimmt

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
you can find out if you got a fake card with "SD Insight" in the play store. If it's a SANDISK card or any other major brand it will show you and tell you if it's fake and how much memory is actually there. If you did get a fake card from eBay theres an option somewhere you can get your money back :)

Jeff Clark5

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I told the seller that I wanted to return it for a refund and they agreed without wanting the old one back. Sounds like they either knew they had some bad ones or that this is so common that they aren't surprised.
They had many more for sale.

Is the failure rate of 64gb class 10 card ridiculously high or something?

jdmorin

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue.

My 64gb card worked for months then one day had the corrupt issue .

I got mine from Best Buy . was a brand name. Not a fake.

Put a 32 GB in and no issues. Still can't get the 64 to work.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jeff Clark5

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Today I purchased a Lexar card from Office Max and it is at least letting me write my music past 8gb.
Maybe it was just from buying them from 2nd hand dealers on Ebay.

IgnitingTheMind

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I think your problem might be with the card type. Some devises cannot use a Micro SDXC Card and can only use a Micro SD card. ...or so I have been told. Certainly not an expert on all these different card types but I have bought a LOT of them from ebay without any problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss