samsung s5 android lollipop!

20style

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
hi android people..why can't I receive android lollipop 5.0.???? It's 11 April I'm waiting for ages !!! I have a samsung galaxy s5 !!! My little brother has a Samsung s4. .and he got it already.. my gf has also a Samsung s5 she got it also... i still don't have it .Just don't understand why we have to wait for so long and there are already upgrades for 5.0 to 5.1 and I still don't have the first one lol !!!! Maybe if I buy a samsung s6 I will get it directly ! Please fix this its sucks hard when I have still have the old school kitkat .!! Do something please thank u come again

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Depends what carrier you're with and when they will be pushing out the Lollipop update.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.

lifer101

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi i have a s5 and just updated to lollipop. I would highly recommend not doing it. its slower has less graphics and not near as nice to work with, for some reason my 4g is running slower and having a harder time with service i would go back if i could:-X

paulaaaaaa

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Don't do it. It's awful. Hot battery, short battery life, freezes, apps crash. Not ready for prime time. Factory reset doesn't work for most users. Wait till this thing is debugged. Most users would give anything to be able to go back. It's ruined our phones.

Shadowpdx

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Not entirely true - I updated two days ago - no battery drain - Not getting overheated - No app problems - Am quite happy with the update - I don't know if ATT did something different but I have no complaints so far

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Don't do it. It's awful. Hot battery, short battery life, freezes, apps crash. Not ready for prime time. Factory reset doesn't work for most users. Wait till this thing is debugged. Most users would give anything to be able to go back. It's ruined our phones.

Factory reset worked for me when I updated my S5. Seems to work for quite a few people who post on this forum too.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.

fredd17

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Got my Lollipop update 2 days ago... No problems here, works very well. Still waiting on my wife's phone to receive the update... We both have the S5. :)

hopismum

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Those of us with AT&T appear to be having no issues with the update. My S5 is smooth, fast battery is even better. No reset needed. Glad they waited to push the update cus they git it right. If you are on Verizen and it went bad I suggest you do a factory reset. Yeah that sucks but it does seem to really help.

Posted via Android Central App

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I installed AT&T's Lollipop update on Wednesday. Afterward, I wiped the cache partition. Everything is working flawlessly. I liked KitKat but I like Lollipop more... it's faster, more responsive, and I like the new colors.

AT&T may have come late to the party but I'm very happy with what they brought. Whoopie.gif

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I love my Lollipop update. Changed the animations in Nova to Lollipop and it feels smoother and faster. My favorite part is that Chrome tabs are now separate windows in recent apps. So now I can jump between the tabs faster. The fingerprint scanner is at least twice as accurate now.

The only real negative is they removed the simple and intuitive Blocking Mode for this needlessly complicated Interruptions mode. I gave up and installed Night's Keeper.

One caveat - my S5 is only a week old because I had a warranty exchange. It seems that version updates bork up the phone the longer you use it beforehand.

black_thorne

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Ever since I updated my phone, it's been horrible. At this point this phone is the worst device I've ever owned. Literally, every time I use the phone it gives me trouble now. It absolutely drives me crazy. Hopefully I'll drop this phone in my driveway and it will get run over, then I'll have to get something else.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Ever since I updated my phone, it's been horrible. At this point this phone is the worst device I've ever owned. Literally, every time I use the phone it gives me trouble now. It absolutely drives me crazy. Hopefully I'll drop this phone in my driveway and it will get run over, then I'll have to get something else.

Maybe one or a few apps you have aren't compatible with lollipop

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21