Why is my S5 adding a 1 to each number I text?

A

AC Question

why is my S5 adding a 1 to each number I text?

Today I received a text from a friend. I responded to the text but I received an "invalid number, please use a 10 digit number" message. I noticed the number had a 1 at the front of it. I tried texting another number and it did the same thing.

cody mowdy

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: why is my S5 adding a 1 to each number I text?

This starting happening to me this morning as well. I've had the phone since last August and never had any issues until today. When I receive the text from a contact it comes up as +11XXX-XXX-XXXX. I've went into the settings and found nothing that I would think could relate to this. If anyone finds a solution to this please let us know. It's definitely a inconvenience.

ttsucom

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site

I'm having the same issue on my LG G3 running 5.0.1. I've been receiving texts in separate conversations from the one I'm sending texts in, and the conversation where I'm receiving the texts is showing the correct contact name/picture but there's an extra 1 before the phone number in the contact details at the top of the screen, e.g. +11(555) 555- 5555 instead of just +1 (555) 555-5555. I can't find any answers myself so I hope someone has some insight on this.

Donald Gibson

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site

Hey everyone. I had the same issue (with an s4) but I think I figured it out. The Facebook Messenger app automatically updated for me overnight. I just deleted it and my text threads are back to normal. The update had something to do with the ability to call contacts, so maybe it messed with something. Regardless, it went back to normal after I deleted the app. Hope this helps!

michael sieverts

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site

well played donald!!!! kudos to you today!!! thanks man!!

Hey everyone. I had the same issue (with an s4) but I think I figured it out. The Facebook Messenger app automatically updated for me overnight. I just deleted it and my text threads are back to normal. The update had something to do with the ability to call contacts, so maybe it messed with something. Regardless, it went back to normal after I deleted the app. Hope this helps!

Roxyemiles

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Settings > application manager > messaging >> clear cache

Some people say that worked

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira