Why isn't my SD Card reading on my GS5?

Skeeticus Bautista

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
SD Card not reading on GS5

Hello everyone,
So im a galaxy s5 owner, great phone btw. I just had to replace my digitizer and glass
I was smartphoneless for a while. Mean while i was using a blackberry curve i dont know exact model. So i put my sim and my sd card to see if it will work on that phone (turns out it didnt work, too old of a phone) so after getting my phone fixed i put my sd card back into my phone it won't recognize a sd card was inserted, nor does it give me an option to reformat the sd card.. so now im kind of stuck.. im drawn to this theory that the blackberry auto reformated my sd card that or maybe it could have been the fact that idk if the sd is supposed to be a click in slide on the gs5 to insert the sd card because it does not click when inserting the card.
Has anyone else had similar problem?? What can i do!? I have so much stuff previously on there it should still be there (64GB sd card)

dnangel_95

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: SD Card not reading on GS5

Hi! How about inserting your SD card to a card reader and then plug it to a computer and see if it still has your stuff? That's the only thing I could think of right now. And I don't recall hearing a certain 'click' when inserting an SD card on my S5. I probably never paid too much attention so I could be wrong on that part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34