Does Samsung have a 12 month warranty?

ImWo1f

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
samsung 12 month warrenty?

I got a galaxy s5 9 months ago and Ive recently had several problems with it. I know Samsung has a 12 month manufacturer warrenty. I know they dont cover cracked screens, water damage, etc etc.

Reasons i want to exchange it:
*It randomly turns off and on(often)
*i get a static screen (often)
*Cant take screen shots at times (daily, and it freezes up at times when i try to)
*The power button wont work at times (I lock the phone and it freezes up)
*This one time it froze and had to take the battery out to restart it and when i did the screen turned greenish on the main screen and i didnt know how to fix it. (I had to bang my phone against my palm so it could again)

Do yall think ill end up getting a new phone or refurbished one?

ImWo1f

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: samsung 12 month warrenty?

If i do, do i have to send my phone in first so they can send me the new one? Do i have to pay the shipping fees for them to send me the phone? How long will the shipping time be?

Also, i forgot to add that my mic is probably messed up too. When im talking on the phone everyone can barely hear me.
When i try to unlock my phone, it freezes up at times

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Samsung's warranty period does vary from, roughly, continent to continent.

I have broadly split the regions up into six continents although there may be some local/carrier differences within those areas and this should only be considered as a rough guide to warranty coverage.

Africa 24 months

Asia 12 months

Australia 24 months

Europe 24 months

North America 12 months

South America 12 months

Last edited:

ImWo1f

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site

Samsung's warranty period does vary from, roughly, continent to continent.

I have broadly split the regions up into six continents although there may be some local/carrier differences within those areas and this should only be considered as a rough guide to warranty coverage.

Africa 24 months

Asia 1North America 12 months

South America 12 months

I live in North America so i would imagine im still covered

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

And probably by the carrier if it's one of the big 4. If it is, just bring it into one of their stores. (If it isn't, but it's a carrier with company stores, bring it in anyway. The worst that can happen is that they'll tell you to send it to Samsung.)

After 9 months, they.re not going to replace it with a new phone, if they have to replace it - you'll get a refurb. (That usually means a phone that someone bought, had second thoughts about and returned for a different phone. They check it out like a surgeon looking for a single cell, then use it as a refurb. Contrary to some complaints I've seen on forums, refurbs aren't broken phones that get the barest of fixes so that they're barely working.)