My Samsung Galaxy S5 is locked out and I cannot change my password, how can I get into my phone?

Aiele

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Samsung galaxy s5 locked out and I cannot change my password!!!!!!!!

Hello.

I often find myself waking out with a locked up phone. I use fingerprint and no matter how many times I reset my alternative password, it somehow magically changes and I cannot 'remember' it.

I used to lock my phone with android devide manager to fix this but now when i try to do so it says ''Since Google has confirmed that the screen lock is already set, entered password will not be required '' and now i cannot unlock my phone by entering a new password. I dont' want to do a factory reset, what is up with this?????

I really do not want to lose any of my data.

Also, I saw some suggestions as going to Sprint but we don't have such thing here in Lithuania and I bought my phone online.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung galaxy s5 locked out and I cannot change my password!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Android Central! This is a relatively common complaint--if I ever used an S5, I would avoid using the fingerprint sensor. Unfortunately, if Android Device Manager isn't working to remotely reset your password, then you may just have to do a factory reset.

Aiele

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site

That si really sad. I loved the phone but now I feel like ditching android due to the recent downs, specially in samsung. :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Samsung doesn't equal Android though. Try a different manufacturer.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

medik

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site

I am dealing with the exact same issue. Locked out of my Galaxy S5 due to too many unsuccessful fingerprint swipes. Do not remember passcode. Went onto Android Device Manager to use the "lock" feature. It says it successfully sent the lock code to my phone (and my phone displays the message I included in addition to the code ) but right after that Android Device Manager says "Since Google has verified that a screen lock is already set, the password you entered won't be needed." And then when I try the new password it doesn't work. I've done that countless times. I also do not get a "forgot password" place to click, although I know my google id and password if it would allow for that.

I apparently do not have "findmymobile" set up on my phone so I cannot use that as an option.

Any help would be appreciated as I really don't want to have to factory reset my phone.

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith