Would anyone recommend the S5 over the htc m8?

mikeyboy80

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I've got the chance to get an s5 for a fairly cheap price now but I don't know if I'm silly to consider this it go for the htc m8. Been reading reviews and the m8 seems to be the best choice in terms of sound quality. When I handled the m8 it seemed quite bulky. The s5 to be seems to be the better overall quality phone. However a few things worry me:

1: heard the call quality isn't that good? Call quality would concern me.

2: few people have said the battery life since lollipop have caused a few issues?

3: there might be some lag compared the htc m8s sense.

So would be be wise considering the s5 or silly not to go for the m8?

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
1: Call quality on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 is pretty good
2: Battery life lasts me literally all day. 100% When I wake up, 40% When I go to bed at midnight.
3. Very small lag, but you can use launchers such as nova launcher, or you can do a factory reset every once in a while to fix it.

Sent from Mr. Mobile Nations using Verizon Galaxy S5

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Not for me, but people have been dealing with issues with lollipop. I flashed my Verizon galaxy S4 to lollipop and had no problems at all, I had to flash it back to KitKat so I can give it to a friend. With my S5 it's been fun having lollipop

Sent from Mr. Mobile Nations using Verizon Galaxy S5

alkezi

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I've got the chance to get an s5 for a fairly cheap price now but I don't know if I'm silly to consider this it go for the htc m8. Been reading reviews and the m8 seems to be the best choice in terms of sound quality. When I handled the m8 it seemed quite bulky. The s5 to be seems to be the better overall quality phone. However a few things worry me:

1: heard the call quality isn't that good? Call quality would concern me.

2: few people have said the battery life since lollipop have caused a few issues?

3: there might be some lag compared the htc m8s sense.

So would be be wise considering the s5 or silly not to go for the m8?
1. Call quality is good enough for me
2. Nope. Battery life is amazing
3. Well touchwiz is still slower than sense but it has no heavy lag that makes me want to give up on this phone. This phone is fast and smooth. Just a little bit hiccups sometimes

Posted via the Android Central App

seymour butts

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
My S 5's a great phone. Battery life is even better with Lollipop update. I'm on AT&T and call quality is very good. No lag issues here and the camera compared to the One M8, well there is no comparison.