Valid firmware for Galaxy S5 for Verizon?

wy1z

May 7, 2015
Visit site
I just picked up a Samsung Galaxy 5 from Verizon off ebay and want to flash the firmware with a fully valid/legit version. Does a kitkat or Lollipop version exist from Samsung or Verizon that I can flash locally instead of OTA?

I've seen various "custom" versions on various web sites, but I have no reason to trust them - I want the "real" thing, if it exists, from Samsung or Verizon, to download locally.

The phone is planned to be used as wifi only, but I may opt to activate it prepaid at some point.

Thanks.

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I just picked up a Samsung Galaxy S5 from Verizon off ebay and want to flash the firmware with a fully valid/legit version. Does a kitkat or Lollipop version exist from Samsung or Verizon that I can flash locally instead of OTA?

I've seen various "custom" versions on various web sites, but I have no reason to trust them - I want the "real" thing, if it exists, from Samsung or Verizon, to download locally.

The phone is planned to be used as wifi only, but I may opt to activate it prepaid at some point.

Thanks.

Hello and welcome to Android Central wy1z!

Below is the download for the latest official stock Lollipop, Android 5.0, firmware for Verizon. This is for the Galaxy S5 model SM-G900V only and no other model. You can flash this firmware by using Odin and the instructions and video contained in the links of #1.11 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide.

Model SM-G900V
Model name GALAXY S5
Country USA (Verizon)
Version Android 5.0
Changelist 3846539
Build date Wed, 18 Mar 2015 04:32:10 +0000
Product code VZW
PDA G900VVRU1BOC4
CSC G900VVZW1BOC4

Samsung have nothing to do with the Verizon firmware as per #1.6 of the aforementioned guide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC